Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farming pics from June and July

Post Thanks / Like

Default Farming pics from June and July

Wheat harvest begins june 14th

Long lines started at the elevator. I was about 14th in line here and about an hour long wait just to get to the scales.

Finally just one more truck to wait on before I can get back on the road....

After a week, we got through with the wheat harvest and burned the fields off. I hate this part. Cut berms around the fields to keep fire under control.

These tallest flames were 20 feet high and I could feel the heat where I was standing. That fire was moving too. Only took about 2 minutes to get to where that weed line is.

If You wonder why We did all that burning, this is why. This was no tilling beans in the ground the last couple days of june. The right side of the tractor has been planted.

Right after planting beans, some unwanted guest showed up in our Milo. Corn ear worms showed up with a vengeance and had to be dealt with so we used some chemical warfare to dispatch them quickly. I love the thought of millions of worthless insects dying in a matter of minutes! Wish I could do that with deer!

Thats it for now. Milo is about 2 weeks away from harvest, Beans came up and have a good stand. We only had to kill 3 Woodsgoats so far but got my eye on about 10 more. Beans will be ready at the end of October after wheat is planted. Won't be long before It will be "come on lets go" time again. Got to get that cap back on my boat before then. Got to get harvest equipment hooked up and ready to go too. lots to do.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes Idunno, Davedirt LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That plane has caused me to loose several world record crappie. I use to love watching him doing his thing instead of watching my corks.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Likes crappiefarmer, Idunno LIKED above post

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to be nosy but is the crop-dusting expensive ? Do they charge by the acre? I'm in what used to be a burley tobacco area & crop-dusting isn't something you see here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kycreek View Post
    Not trying to be nosy but is the crop-dusting expensive ? Do they charge by the acre? I'm in what used to be a burley tobacco area & crop-dusting isn't something you see here.
    Depending on what is being sprayed, 7-8 bucks an acre plus the cost of the chemicals.
    Arkie lures prostaff
    Spyder Loc rod holders
    Slab Shaker rods
    Proud member Team Watch the Finger

Post Thanks / Like

Ed how about mounting a couple .50 cals on that plane for the wood goats. I'd pay to see that!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you not get a permit to take care of the nuisance deer? Enjoyed the pics, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodtime View Post
    Depending on what is being sprayed, 7-8 bucks an acre plus the cost of the chemicals.
    Right on. They are coming down to meet rates of the big ground rigs now so that is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eatmorecrappie View Post
    Can you not get a permit to take care of the nuisance deer? Enjoyed the pics, thanks.
    Yes. But I don't need to have a permit being a farm operator. If we need help, we have to get permits. I don't like to have to waste my time on shooting them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    Ed how about mounting a couple .50 cals on that plane for the wood goats. I'd pay to see that!
    I'd pay money to see that too Boscky!CF
    Likes jim.b LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great post!

Thanks.
    Likes Davedirt LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast