Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilldale(Tues.)- Melvern(wed.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hilldale(Tues.)- Melvern(wed.)

DAY-1...Went solo to HD tried a brushpile first thing caught dinks and a catfish, moved on to some trees above little bull bridge...notta...went on south and only found a few dinks and a couple of keepers...not surprised after all it is "dinksdale"....used up my 24 minnows that were counted out at the Lake n dale station by a young girl that must hate her job and might try to smile once in awhile(I normally go to the BP station but they happened to be out- they give a good minnow count) DAY 2....Took Ron to Melvern after receiving a mediocre report from Chatt on Pomona and what a day we had! We started dipping trees and the first one we fished produced a doz. nice fish with only a couple dinks in the mix...we moved to another area of the lake and caught a few more slabs on trees before turning our attention to brushpiles. I was K-rigging and Ron was using a homemade drop-shot rig, both worked but I'll be tying some of his style rigs for the next trip...he always has a trick up his sleeve...the consistency of the size of these Melvern crappie has been a pleasant surprise and you'll swear your catching 13-14inch fish but my biggest was 12.25... and of the 20 fish I kept only one was 10.5 and the rest were 11.25 - 12inches...they're thick and healthy looking fish We fished 3 big piles and that was all we needed to get two limits and left the fish still bitingName:  20150812_142837_resized-1.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  22.0 KBName:  20150812_160928_resized.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  49.4 KBName:  20150812_161042_resized.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  148.3 KBName:  20150812_161200_resized.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  53.2 KB
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish....
    Likes slabby joe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Enviously reading your excellent report, while stuck at the office. Good job guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! Thanks for the report.According to KDWP all species are poor.Are you sure you went to Melvern?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Doug. I got an invite to skip out of work tomorrow but had to decline. Good thing I did not see your results. I hope to get back out this fall. I think you may need to take me next time.��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kscrappeye View Post
    Nice report Doug. I got an invite to skip out of work tomorrow but had to decline. Good thing I did not see your results. I hope to get back out this fall. I think you may need to take me next time.��
    It seems like the only time I catch fish is with Lee or Ron I think they've got a hex or something on me!! I'd be glad take you out and have you show me how to catch fish
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ron put "super Glue" on his hooks.
    Nice to hear some nice crappie and numbers being caught.
    Great report with some "Sexy pictures".

Thanks
    Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

He pull out his welding rod rig for getting down on them?
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

If I was not down in the back I would be there. Great fish glad someone is catching them

Post Thanks / Like

Was it a minnow only bite? Try any jigs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast