Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvern 7-23

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern 7-23

Ron took my gimpy butt to Melvern in search of a crappie bite, niether one of us had fished it for a couple of years and without any good reports we weren't expecting much. The plan was to dip some trees and fish some brushpiles with K-riggs but we never got to the trees since we found nice fat crappies on the piles. The bite was slow but the keeper to dink ratio was good. We fished in 15-25fow and caught our fish above the shallower piles and right off the bottom and down in the deeper ones. Ron had the hot hand all day and I was the strike indicator.."hey Ron you got a bite on your other pole".... and livewell door opener....which is almost as good as catching them myself....NOT!! We kept 28 fat crappie and hope this means Melvern is on it's way back to great fishing. We did get our traditional Green Acres breakfast and got to meet Haledamage and his son and grandsons... a good looking group of fisherman....yeah even you Rick! Thanks Ron it was a fun day on the water even though I got outfished and you kept me out to late Name:  20150723_082950_resized.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  67.5 KB Sometimes that weight you feel isn't a fishName:  20150723_145255_resized.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  98.4 KB " Hollywood " with a doubleName:  20150723_180930_resized.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  101.3 KB a good day
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Doug. Nice to see a good report! I know how it feels to be outfitted by ol Ron!!!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pictures... Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailblazers

Great report to see you guys still out fishing.
    Glad you both had a great day out to Melvern and caught some fish, too !
    I think about fishing every day.....at work, and think that when I ever get retired like y'all I'll be able to go to school with you guys and learn how to fill my livewell.

Charlie
    Likes ragnar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!! Sounds like a good trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie365 View Post
    Great report to see you guys still out fishing.
    Glad you both had a great day out to Melvern and caught some fish, too !
    I think about fishing every day.....at work, and think that when I ever get retired like y'all I'll be able to go to school with you guys and learn how to fill my livewell.

Charlie
    Well Charlie you're welcome in either of our boats anytime...retired or not... and as far as the "schooling lessons" I've apparently been sleeping during class! but I can tell you what not to do!!
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!
    Likes Charlie365 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys! Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good outing, breakfast at Green Acres, good minnow count also. Fish bite was slow but good enough to keep it interesting. Did not try jigs, only use drop shot set up on ten foot crappie rods.
    Likes Charlie365 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great job good to see some fish comin from Melvern. I been chasing cats lately might have to go for some crappie soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark88 View Post
    Thanks for sharing Doug. Nice to see a good report! I know how it feels to be outfitted by ol Ron!!!
    Obviously this was supposed to say outfished!!! Stupid autocorrect!!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown
    Likes Redge, Charlie365 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast