Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which fishfinder?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which fishfinder?

I am currently looking into installing a new fish finder on the bow of my boat (G3 1860DLX) and was wondering if anyone here could give some advice on a good one. I currently have a Humminbird Matrix 37 installed on the console but need to one up front for trolling. I'm guessing it has to have a trolling motor mounted transducer. I like the Humminbird products but not set on that particular brand. I would like to stay under the $400-$500 range. Any of you crappie pros here got any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Mike.
    Get the net!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin 250C great unit, easy to use
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I would stick to humminbird, I also have 37 but mine is mounted on the trolling motor. I would go for the same quadrabeam but maybe color unit if you can swing it. I just ordered a 797 the other day, hoping it shows up in the next few days. Humminbird has a exchange program on transducers. If you buy a transom mount you send it to them and they will send you a trolling motor back to you. But you can get away with using the transom mount with a large hose clamp. Is what I did in my case.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I am just a simple old crappie fissherman. I bought a Hummingbird 525 depth finder and it seems to be the best one that I have ever had. It is very simple to operate. It hasn't got all the bells and whistles but it does the job. It only cost me about $140

Post Thanks / Like

i think the fishmark 480 is the best on the market and cost only $199

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a hummingbird 525 from bass pro in okla.city and it was 119.00, it claims you can see a small jig down to fourty feet. I haven't had a chance to put it on the water yet to test it. mounted the transducer on the trolling motor.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 535 bird and I sprider rig I can see my sinker down at 30 feet good unit

Post Thanks / Like

I have only ever used eagle ...my first was a 7500 about 15 years old and still works fine
    But pressently using ...I believe an ultra by eagle and very happy with it for about 5 years.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default kiss it

I am learning to use the "kiss" system when buying electronics. My cell phone has a walky talky, camera, lie detector, etc and all I do is talk on the phone part. The same goes for my GPS unit. It has bells and whistels that I just ain't smart enough to use or remember how to use after I figured it out the first time.
    I too am interested in putting a second graph unit on the bow of my boat. I think I am going the cheapest way I can with a wide screen.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Matrix 12 on the front of my boat and I make my living by what it shows me. The Humminbird 525 is about the same unit I believe except you can't put a GPS on the 525, which I don't have on the 12 anyway. I would recommend a single, narrow beam graph or one that you can turn off the wide view if you wish.

You can get the 525 for under $125 - http://www.jandhproducts.com/product...humminbird+525

or the Matrix 12 for under $140 - http://www.jandhproducts.com/product...minbird+matrix
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast