Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HD Spillway Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default HD Spillway Report

I got there at sunrise today. The flow was cut back to 500 so the sidewalk was usable. I caught 2 crappie, 2 drum, and a big fat perch. I used sliders and some twister tail jigs. The bite was slow and I left at about 0800.

I saw 3-4 people stop by to net baitfish. Talked to one guy that said they're catching lots of blues and channels on the Kaw with cicada's.

Would someone would tell me how and where to catch cicadas?? They aren't chirping in my neighborhood.

JW
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good report.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

They are everywhere here. Just pick them off of trees and sidewalks

Post Thanks / Like

bout right discharge is bout perfect and I am goin to the loz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaArk Slabchaser View Post
    I got there at sunrise today. The flow was cut back to 500 so the sidewalk was usable. I caught 2 crappie, 2 drum, and a big fat perch. I used sliders and some twister tail jigs. The bite was slow and I left at about 0800.

I saw 3-4 people stop by to net baitfish. Talked to one guy that said they're catching lots of blues and channels on the Kaw with cicada's.

Would someone would tell me how and where to catch cicadas?? JW
    They aren't chirping in my neighborhood. have not heard or seen any down here either think brownbeck banned them in some areas?? am startin to here some quail every morn maybe comin back??

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the HD spillway for bout an hour yesterday evening. Water below the sidewalk. Fishing for big fish, caught none. Saw some little fish being caught. Saw some big black tails rolling in the boil. Was hanging a 6 inch swim bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Took the little girl last night. The little channels are very visible in the boil. Fish were about a 10 second bite halfway back in the walls. Caught a bunch, biggest about 20 inches, not big. All channels. Lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHuntingUSA View Post
    Took the little girl last night. The little channels are very visible in the boil. Fish were about a 10 second bite halfway back in the walls. Caught a bunch, biggest about 20 inches, not big. All channels. Lot of fun.

AHHGRHHHGHHHH!!!!! I knew we should have drove over. We decided to stay in the little cove that comes up to Scott Creek and see if our little people could at least catch bluegill or something. So you were throwing up into the outlet? It appeared they had cut the water off when we went over the dam. Night crawlers? They were easy to find in the flooded grass before they started releasing. I have not found them or crappie the last few weeks though. Saw what appeared to be shad being busted up maybe by white bass out in the Scott Creek arm but we were ashore just waiting to do some smores......then trying to not get blown away about 2am. That was quite the storm.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

It is a great kid spot right now, low flow, if you can see the fish. If your seeing black fish, they're there, packed in there. Step ladders on the wall. Medium weight tackle. Drop shot, 1oz, bout 15" down, 10" back\off. Nighcrawler. Dropping straight down in the end of the boil or cast 10 yards downstream, try to tightline before you get bit. 20 seconds, no bite, check bait. Kids seem to feel the bit better and get a better hookset if they swing it downstream from them a bit so their not straight down.