Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to mount bubble box on small cooler?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas to mount bubble box on small cooler?

I have a small rectangular cooler that I want to retrofit to attach a bubble box. Any ideas of how to mount it? Would it be better to mount on the top or the side?

Post Thanks / Like

They were some good ideas on this post.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/live-...minnow-bucket/
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably make it like the engel bait cooler,that's listed in the link that scrat posted.
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

I used a small igloo cooler. Drilled a hole for for the tube to pass through. Glued a circular air stone in the bottom and used Velcro to attach the bubble box. Also used a 12 volt adapter to run the bubbler. Saves buying so many batteries when I have it in the boat. Mounted the bubbler on the back side of the cooler.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Velcro sounds like a great idea! I am also going to check out that other thread. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at the other thread. Also like the idea of mounting the bubble box on side of cooler with small metal bar, and drilling a hole in the side. Great to have options!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Braden, do yourself a favor. When you get it all set up drill you a small vent hole in lid or close to where you drill hole for tube. Amonia build up in there pretty quick with it sealed and reduces air flow.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea, Cray, will do.

Anyone know the name of that metal bar that was screwed on the side of the cooler (where he clipped the bubble box) on the previous thread. That might be a little easier, but I am having trouble finding one (mainly because I do not know what to call it).

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432571509.704069.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  57.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432571534.374462.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  59.8 KB

Well here it is. It may not be pretty but should be functional. I went to Lowes and found a small metal bar in the lumber section for 97 cents. I bent the metal on my vise. Then screwed in some half inch stainless screws and also used some epoxy that I had laying around. I also added a vent hole just a little to the left and higher than the hole with the tube running through it.

Thanks again for all of the great ideas.
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have made 4 of these and this is by far my best one yet. I used a 12 volt live well aerator. I made one with a frabil that was 2 D battery or 12 volt. It made one year and burned the pump motor. I put it in my garage beer fridge for days between trips and the 12 volt live well aerator has run for days on end with no problems. I tried one with a live well pump. It generated too much heat running over night and killed the shiners. I tried the $6 mini bubbles but it costs more in batteries in a few trips to pay for the heavy duty 12 volt system. The bait chest shown cost $45 to build. It has been in use for 2 years. It ran four days last week none stop and will run from today till Saturday this week. The ice chest is an Igloo Cube. I like the compartment in the lid. I use for tackle storage. I also use a floating net but have a small hook inside it to hang the handle for a none floating net. I just took those pics. I went fishing this afternoon and plan on fishing tomorrow and Saturday. Hey build it right the first time. Make sure you use a check valve on the air hose or mount the pump above the water line. If not water can siphon back into the pump if the level gets too high and the pump shuts off. Learned that the hard way. A set of check valves come with the 12 volt bubbles aerator.
    Name:  20150528_001710_resized.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  20150528_001738_resized.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  71.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Lenny, kickingback, scrat, SeaRay LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast