Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nimisila Reservoir 4-11--4-12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nimisila Reservoir 4-11--4-12

Fished Nimi from shore Saturday and today Saturday wind was pretty brutal but not to extreme. Fished south end with no luck, moved to north end with no luck then finally went to east side and along about 6'ish I picked up my first crappie about a 10 1/2" fish and then nothing until about 7'ish and they were on fire. Since I didn't bring my lantern and was fishing solo I called it a night shortly after 8. Fished about 1 1/2-2 foot deep with minnow. Fish were running the minnows up to shore and they would run in after them about every 5 minute.

Today I fished the east side just a different spot. Same set up with minnow about 1 1/2-2 foot deep. Got to Nimi about 12pm and fish were hot from the minute I sat down. A lot of small 9" crappie but still a blast. I probably caught 3-4 dozen crappie ranging from 7" up to 10 1/2" from 12 til 5'ish then they slowed down. Caught about a 2lb bass and a few small perch. Left around 7:30 guys next to me were still catching fish.

All fish were released for another day wasn't in the fish cleaning mood. Was just glad to get out and enjoy the great weather and scenery. Seen the bald eagle soaring around and seen baby beaver that I scared and then he tail smacked the water startling me lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report smokingbarrel Nimisila Reservoir 4-11--4-12