Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a windy day - Bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a windy day - Bucksaw

Man... was it ever windy. David and I put in at bucksaw this morning. Fished Jackson, yes again haha. Produced again. It was kind of a slow and steady bite. Ended up with 25 between the 2 of us. Most good sized fish. Caught a few in 18 FOW area about 10 down. But caught most in the 12 FOW area down about 8-10, before the thick wood starts back where it is shallow. I didn't pay attention to water temp, but I think David said it was 60. I was fishing all Jigs tipped with minnows, Davidson had a mix of Jigs tipped with minnows and Jigs tipped with nibbles. Both seemed to work just find. Anything with Chartreuse seemed to work.
    Likes pomme guy, peculiarmike LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yeah we definately put my trolling motor batteries to the test today. But the outcome was absolutely worth it... I enjoyed the day and am looking forward to doing some exploring tomorrow. Hopefully we can find some tournament spots and catch some of the bigger fish
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Ryan.
    Had to be tough in that wind

Post Thanks / Like

Its good to run them trolling motor batteries all the way down at times. Congrats on hanging in there and catching 25 keepers. No bass or catfish this time?

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

You think it was windy while you were there. Should have seen it a couple of hours after you left. Hut and I stuck it out but it was tough fishing. He caught a 32 inch blue cat on a rigging rod. Hated to throw it back but there's the slot limit to deal with. Ended up with about 17 but some really good fish. Several over 12.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys! Great to read, still need to get my boat in the water. Where's the pics? Ya know what they say...
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

windy fishing sucks, glad y'all stuck it out for a bit and got a mess, congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday on a lake in northern MO- my batteries were drained by 1:00PM but it was a good day. Same depth for me- 10 feet down over 15-20 feet of water with minnows only. It was 32 degrees in the AM and I couldn't detect bites tightlining since my fingers were so cold, so I switched to slip bobbers and started catching them. Biggest was a nice 13.5" male. Others were about 60-70% females.

Post Thanks / Like

Good reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast