Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I'm back and since I was gone so long, I'll start with a LOZ report from 03/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm back and since I was gone so long, I'll start with a LOZ report from 03/29

It's been close to a year, but I'm finally back. I didn't get to do too much fishing last year, and this year may not be a whole lot better, but I got the boat out yesterday and ran down to LOZ. I'd heard that the crappie were starting to heat up there and this was the first chance I had to get out. So I run down there before sun up. It rains on me a little on the way, but no big deal, the weather says it's supposed to be 0% chance of rain with very light winds. By the time I got there it had changed to 30% chance of rain and 12-17mph winds. Got to Coffman and as usual, there was almost no place to park. I launch and head out. Water temp is 42.7 where I started and shad everywhere. I tried deep water, shallow water, shallow in deep water, deep in deep water, just couldn't get a bite and it was hard to even find the fish. I tried every color jig I had sometimes tipped with nibbles sometimes not, and I don't think I even had a bite all day. I tried jerkbait, crankbait, you name it and still nothing. After an entire day without a single bite, I went home in defeat. It was a really good day. Better than doing almost anything else even if the fish weren't biting for me (or anyone else I talked to).

-Kyle
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you. Only thing to do after a day like that is to stop off and get a big cheese burger and shake.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let it discourage you, in fact go ahead an plan on heading back this coming weekend!!

Post Thanks / Like

good to see you're back around, Kyle. keep at it and maybe the next report will be a good one.
    Likes oleblue76 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'd definately head back this weekend, but I have family stuff going on. The good news is that I'll be down at table rock and probably get to do at least a little bass fishing (FIL is a guide there). The bad news is, last summer I made the mistake of building a sawmill because I need A LOT of cedar lumber and I have acres of the cedar at my farm which is 1/2 hr from LOZ. I will likely be spending most of my time this summer milling the lumber I need for my giant retaining wall. I just want to make sure I get a few good days in during the spawn. Last spring was great with lots of huge blacks. I'm hoping this year will produce just as well, we just need the water tep to stabilize a little bit.