Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman, ONE (1) fish and DONE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman, ONE (1) fish and DONE

Went yesterday and caught ONE (1) 11 inch Crappie in 36 fow . Never had another bite , nibble or anything. Loaded up and went to the dead water channel, nothing, lots of boats and snaggers all over, up and down the river. Loaded up and went home. HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Name:  006.JPG
Views: 685
Size:  125.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Dang that is rough man, better luck next trip,,,

Post Thanks / Like

One crappie sammich.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Catching one on a nice day out on the lake is better than sitting at home doing chores. Congrats.
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been there done that on them kind of days

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man you have been having a rough go of it on Truman. Not sure where you are fishing but I think you need to get out of that 36' of water. We caught fish all weekend in less than 16' and fished 4' down. We caught them in as shallow as 10' and I think we could have even went shallower than that but the bite was so good in the 12'-14' range we just stayed there. Minnows was for sure the bait of choice. With all that said we were spider rigging which for sure will make things easier right now. If we would have put every fish over 9" in the livewell we could have been done in 30 minutes both days. One pole would have been a different story. But I think a guy could one pole a limit in the area I fished Sunday. Shoot me a PM or post on here where you been fishing. I will try and help you out on some areas to find some fish.
    Likes love2fish, south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I rarely , if ever fish with minnows. I , 99.9% use plastics. Tubes etc...... I fish the dam, under the observation deck (?) And straight across to the Osage river sign on the bluff.
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Jigging15 - you get my vote for the One Helluva Guy Award. You helped us out many years back when we first started fishing Truman and you are still doing it today. Not many people are so nice, friendly and genuinely helpful. I tip my hat to you, sir
    Likes DRD, vic n, dfar, south point LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hiya. I have come to realize how lucky I was growing up fishing the lake and living so close to it now that I get to fish several times a week most of the year. I know what I spend on gas and stuff for trips even being this close. If I have a bad trip its not a huge deal. If the fish don't bite I just head home and go again tomorrow and try something different. But for guys who have to travel many miles and may only get to come to Truman once a month or less to come have a bad trip it can be heartbreaking and expensive. I like to see people come have a good time which usually means catching fish. So I try to help people out when I can to help make the trips they do get to make to Truman good ones. I have met some great people from this site from helping them out or sharing a open boat seat with them. I have made some lifelong friends from doing it. So it makes it well worth the trouble of helping out.
    Likes south point, LSL Angler, Green Wing LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hiya View Post
    Jigging15 - you get my vote for the One Helluva Guy Award. You helped us out many years back when we first started fishing Truman and you are still doing it today. Not many people are so nice, friendly and genuinely helpful. I tip my hat to you, sir
    I have to agree with this 100% Jared!!