Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tackle shop in/near Osage Beach?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tackle shop in/near Osage Beach?

OK, so I drove down tonight with my wife and daughter and, after the fun of changing a blown-out front tire in the dark along Highway 54 near Fulton , I looked over and saw that Beabout's in Osage Beach appears out of business.

Since I'm based in Osage Beach when I'm at LOZ, I'd love to know your suggestions on where my nearest bait shop of choice should be. Oh -- and do they carry Slabbusters?

Thanks for your help folks!!!!

BTW, I'll be fishing the docks at Parkview tomorrow. If anyone's around, stop by and say hi. I'll be wearing a yellow/gold colored hat.
    Last edited by LOZcrappie; 12-29-2006 at 12:59 AM.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis closed about a month ago said there was no money in it anymore,loz sure enough aint the fishin lake it used to be.There is another one past you toward kk on the right it is around city hall and for the life of me i cant remember the name,i havent been in there so i cant say what they got.If you need some Slab Busters give ole Jack a call 573-374-1337 and he just might meet you at your dock with his fishin pole in hand.I wont be able to make it down today but am planning on hitting some docks tomorrow so if you're gonna be fishin i'll try to swing by...let me know.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

On hwy 5 north of Camdenton just past the old outdoor theater there is one. Or Giers in downtown Eldon across from Mcdonalds, they have cheap minnows.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

There is the Osage Beach tackle shop on the right side of the road heading west on 54. I believe it's about two miles from were Bebout's was located. They carry Slab Busters, but get them from Jack and save a few bucks. There are some convenience stores that sell live bait, too. I've stopped at the BP that is located about a mile east of where W (Business 54) splits off of 54.
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

that one on hwy5 north of camdenton that TAE was talking about is called VanHooks bait and tackle. it's a little drive from osage but it is a pretty nice store, that have a pretty fine selection of crappie tackle and they carry slabbusters.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold