Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmarts Online

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walmarts Online

Heads up! You can get some pretty decent deals on rods, reels, lines and lures on this website. And yes, even for crappie, as well as for bass fishing. However, you have to know what you want to buy (make, model & MSR price) and track the pricing day to day, in order to get the best deal. Let me explain what just happened with a recent purchase of mine...

I just ordered a Berkley Lightning Shock spinning rod. A 1-pc. 7'6" Med-Light (for float fishing for smallmouths) at Walmarts Online - to be delivered to the store for pick-up (to save shipping costs). Paid $38.00 for it, 3 days ago. But that's not the end to this story, by any means!

When I first saw this rod online a couple of weeks ago, it was only $35.00. Then it jumped to up $42.00 a few days later, when I went back to buy it. Obviously, I was disappointed and did not buy it then. About a week later when I went back, it was no longer being offered! And today it's going for $52.00! The MSR on the rod (and the BPS & Cabelas price) is $55.95, so you can see it's all over the place with Walmart online pricing. You just have to be patient and keep a watch on the item you are looking for, until it's at a price you think is a good deal. Hope this experience is of some benefit to some of you.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes DOFC LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Good info, thanks for posting!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

That is good to know.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Does Walmart have a tracking tool, or do you just have to keep checking for updates?

Post Thanks / Like

I've also found good pricing for some components for depth finders. Another plus is if you have to return an item ordered online- simply make a copy of the confirmation email sent to you when you order & take it in store to customer service - receive full credit less shipping charges

Post Thanks / Like

I buy my 7 - 7.5' light and ultra light rods from them. I have really been pleased with all of them. I buy my 6+ BB reels for under $10 from ebay and together I usually have under $25 in each.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotten a few things by doing that

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Done that with Wally World more than once. I bought about $40 of Blakemore Road Runner heads for only $17!! They had the price set at a certain price and I bought them and had them shipped to store for pick up. When I picked them up they were cheaper so I got the less price. I also had another order they messed up on and got a great $25 discount applied for the trouble. Good deals!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought 2 Helix 5's on Walmart.com. Should be here Friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast