Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Our sunday adventure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our sunday adventure

Been thinking about fishing at Warsaw sometime but had never been there. So decided to take a drive. Looked at the map and picked out a couple of routes. Went one way then came back another way. Went what looked the most direct route from our house. It took 3.45 hours and was 179 miles to Truman dam. By way of pit stop at LOZ that was on the way. Needed pit stop and some lunch. Saw a McDonalds but couldn't figure out to get there. Hadn't been in that strip and dam area for 30. Dang what a change. I can't imagine that place in the summer. Don't want to go back to that area. Found a Bob Evans but it had a line waiting. Went next door to Bandanas. No line and not very busy. Fast service and good food. Had never eaten there before. Now to find our way back to 54 south. After having to go north to get to go south we were on our way again. Made it to Warsaw and found the boat ramps. Both still iced in below the dam. But ramp above dam was ice free and lake ice free as far as we could see. around 36 rigs in lot taking advantage of weather. On the way home went another way that looked father on map but roads better. Took 65 north to Sedala and then 50 to Gerald and then home. That was 3 hour trip and 165 miles. Was 14 miles closer and 45 minutes faster. I know traffic will be different during the summer but it was a good test.
    Likes beagle man, love2fish, south point LIKED above post

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

344 mile test trip, good time for cheap gas!

Post Thanks / Like

I've done a few scouting trips as well to take advantage of the cheaper gas.