Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any waders in the house?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any waders in the house?

I have owned a few boats over the years, but recently I have become boatless and kind of like it that way. Will be a boat owner again in the future, I suppose, but in the meantime have been fishing mostly while wading. Waders are easy to keep in the truck along with 1 pole and an assortment of small jigs and bobbers, making a spontaneous fishing excursion possible at all times!

Any other waders care to chime in?

Post Thanks / Like

Im boatless right now to ,I wade the river all the time for Crappies and smallmouth.Here in south Missouri we have alot of small rivers to wade.Good fishin for sure
    Share the outdoors with our Children.The world will be a better place.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to fish off the bank rather than wade, but I always have a pair of waders and boots in the truck.

Post Thanks / Like

I started wading a couple of years ago. I noticed that I HAVE to wade around here in Nebraska. The banks have a lot of vegetation and plants which, you can certainly cast out from, but once you catch something, you better be prepared to have some extra baggage on your line and catch as well. I picked up the waders so I could by pass all that and it has been great. Normally I have only used them once or twice a year, but this year, I have decided to do more wading them, especially in the spring and fall.

I like to use my 14' jigging pole when i use the waders along with some small hand tied jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to wade the creeks around where we live in the summer with the kids. Beetle spins or crickets. Just to get the kids outdoors and doin something together

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wade fished in FL when I was younger and without a boat. I got some impressive fish that way, but got a few close calls with snakes. To the point where I bought a cheap .22 pistol that never had a bullet in it. I kept it loaded with CCI shotshells that really ruined a few snakes day. Some weren't really threatening me but I wasn't giving them the chance when over knee deep in muddy, weedy places. I ask that you consider one yourself if you wade as a couple of those incidents were closer than I cared for.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Shore fisherman last year, but i got a nice pair of Fogg Toggs this year for Christmas so I fully intend to be a wade fisherman this year. Im on a river that Ive read has some great prespawn and spawn crappie spots that I cant wait to try. But im making it my mission this year to find them all summer and fall in the river as well (the area I can easily fish is between dams so I know they cant leave). I already have some great smallmouth spots, and though theyre a blast to catch Id love to bring home a stringer on Crappie for dinner once in a while during the summer!

Id love to hear some tips, seems most of he advice here is for lakes.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-19-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSlabber View Post
    Shore fisherman last year, but i got a nice pair of Fogg Toggs this year for Christmas so I fully intend to be a wade fisherman this year. Im on a river that Ive read has some great prespawn and spawn crappie spots that I cant wait to try. But im making it my mission this year to find them all summer and fall in the river as well (the area I can easily fish is between dams so I know they cant leave). I already have some great smallmouth spots, and though theyre a blast to catch Id love to bring home a stringer on Crappie for dinner once in a while during the summer!
    How do You like them Frogg Toggs? reason I ask I bought a pair last year because wading is My favorite kind of fishing, then bought a Tracker and didnt use them at all this past year untill last weekend, while trout fishing in Ky. the dang crotch is too low, like I have a 34" inseam, and they are maybe 30" felt like I was wearing a min skirt all weekend, uncomfortable to say the least!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-20-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    Likes RWiske LIKED above post