Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing on good times

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reminiscing on good times

I sent a few PM's out but today's just a nostalgic day for me I guess. Was sitting here thinking about this forum and what it was like 5 years ago. Not bagging on the present, just smiling about the past, that's all.

We've since moved out of state (waaay out of state) but I have really fond memories of Shoer, Panman, Tap, Percadaie, Ranger690, the gruff fellow from New Kent who's name I can't remember right now - pulled his kids in the snow on a car hood lol), Panman's brother, crappiefarmer, and gosh, the fellow with the train engineer's hat who pulled his boat with a minivan.....he posted so many great pictures from Ft Pickett......Ranger's friend with the beard - had a daughter he was really proud of.

Man those were good days. Time moves on, some have even sadly moved on from this world into the next......I just wanted to comment and say thanks, from a southern boy living up north now, if any of your forum old timers are still out there, you made an impression on me. Had a lot of fun at our Diascund and Chickahominy bashes.

Cheers all.

-ekim22
    Likes Idunno, tahoe 50, Don G, Chasing Ghosts LIKED above post

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike. Good times. You are thinking of Frank, slabenomices. And Corker (Richard) in the Engineer cap. There is and have been great people in and out of here.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure has...and I've had the privilege to fish with alot of em, shook alot of their hands and even was welcomed into quite a few members houses. And I plan on fishing hard this year, I really didn't post much last year. Alot of new comers and alot more views than posts or comments. Started noticing things on the lake as a result of thing mentioned here... Not trying to get sour here by no means. But it's true.. And it's to be expected, I mean everyone keeps their ear to the ground for where the bite is, myself included but there is a certain amount of dues fisherman should pay to be successful.

I've done it before and ill say it again, I am very grateful for all of those who have helped me whether be showing me a new spot talking techniques or even inviting me to a guided trip. I need not mentioning names y'all know who you are. I've had friends from here call me and tell me to meet em when the bites hot, I've had friends here give me a depthfinder when mine crapped out on me. Heck I've even shared a small cabin with three of these old snoring dudes, all in the name of catching a Crappie! It's funny how a delicious scaled creature can bind so many good people together.

Ekim, you find any fish up there?
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion
    Likes Idunno, undertheradar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mike you struck a chord here too. Lot of good folks have come and gone here. Folks from different walks of life I would not have known otherwise. A bunch come to mind some I'll name some I won't, some I can't even remember their names. Two spent hours on the phone with me during my divorce making me laugh when I needed it more than anything else. Corker a disc of pics that I keep on my office computer and I look at to put me in a Zen like state that keeps me from going postal. PanMan for a short "hang in there man" PM during my divorce and when I lost my dog. Here's a guy knowing what his fate was trying to cheer me up! Picking at Farmer at and Dayton always is fun! PP telling Hog Choker he thought he was black still makes me laugh. Fishing with Shoer and having some of the worst fishing I've ever experienced, four trips and I think I caught five fish total. Dew and a couple others offering, sorry I don't remember who, to stop fishing and tow me pack to the ramp at NMW when my battery died. I'm sure there is still a good bunch of folks around I hope to get back at it this year and meet some more of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there is a whole generation gone from this site now and I miss them all. Some of them are gone forever. Pan Man and Shoer, I will miss them both. Hog Choker, Dr. Speckle, Crappiesaurus Rex, DustDew and Gibby, Crappie11 and Crappie12, I know I am missing some and I miss them all. I hope to get to see the ones that are still on this earth again on the water soon if They don't come back here. I never got a chance to share the boat with Shoer and I hate that. It is something I always wanted to do. We got along so good together and He grew up on a farm so we had a lot in common and just a hoot to be around. That will always be a regret that I never got the chance to spend a day on the water with a good friend.

All You other old flunkies on here that want to jab me in the side, bring it on. i ain't forgot the good old days and always in for a good ribbing. Don G is older than Cock Roaches, Boscoe still don't like me since I stole his thunda on the riva in 11. Where the heck is corky? I miss stories about smoked eggs, Shoers entries into whatever magazine He used to write to, Pan Man very technical post on fishing tech stuff. Corky's post and pics from the road trip adventure of Corker, Hog Choker "the Chairman of the rules Committee" humor, wit and banter. CREX, where the heck are You? He showed me around on my first bash at the NWR. I liked him a lot. Good fella. I remember hearing him from way down the river cussing his motor because it was not running right and thinking that he sounded like He had been farming for a few years.

Yep, I remember when it was a daily roll on this board. I miss that. It is still a good board and good folks here and some of us old dinosaurs still here and ancient ones that have defied the laws of physics still being here like Don G. and Boscoe starting to move the needle on the old fart gauge. It was a lot of fun......and it can be again.

I hope this year that I get to see that Mysterious Man in the Orange Hat out on the water again. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Let Me add, I hope I get to see the water this year working on this boat project I am doing is a time killer,CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    Where the heck is corky? ... post and pics from the road trip adventure of Corker
    I'm still here, but am forced to relinquish the 18-hour road trip adventures to you younger guys. When I reached the point where it took two days to rest up from one "adventure", something had to change. The fishing holes weren't moving any closer to me, so to remain active I had to move closer to them. Buying a waterfront home on Little Creek Reservoir put me within walking distance of one of my favorite fishing holes and much closer to three others. Even when the fish aren't biting, the view 'looking out my back door' is an adventure!

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

I dug this list up.

Almrazek
    Anchor Man
    Andy Clayton
    Backtocrappie
    Brdhunter2
    Big Fatty
    Bluegill
    Boscoe
    Brad Reedy
    C-rex
    Cksgibson
    Crappie11
    Crappie12
    Crappiefarmer
    Corker
    Diecutter
    Doodlum
    DonG
    Dustdew
    Ekim
    Fishdoc
    Fishindaddyo
    Fishman78
    Flatwater
    Freeflow_23
    Hog Choker
    Hornyhead Stoneroller
    Horseshoer
    Ibnfshn
    MikeB
    Panman_VA
    Panphysher
    Pwr198
    Ranger690
    Rapprunner
    Redear
    Redy2Fish
    Reelfun
    Spec2ring
    Tahoe 50
    Tapout 64
    Undertheradar
    WVSpec

Crappiesaurus Rex (Tony) met me on my debut trip to Diascund's and showed me around, heck, the guy even bought my minnows for me. I want to say Big Fatty had his buddy weld my jon boat trailer for free. Certainly a great group of guys on this site.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion
    Likes undertheradar, Redy2Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know that when I joined everyone was so helpful, Horseshoer showed up at my camp site in the Berg with a watermelon and gave me tips on discund. I used to see a lot of fellers down at Bob's. This is why I think this is the greatest fishing site on the web. Now I am posting on other parts of the board. Those were the days my friend, we thought they would never end. But our lives have taken us in different directions, we need to keep the bonds of friendship tight. I will never be able to say thanks to all who have helped me in the past, present and future.
    dave
    in currituck

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the old group was something to behold. Farmer & Boscoe have been jabbing me for years & years & years. I have met some of you and still waiting to buy Tapout's lunch if he ever gets to Roanoke again.

Farmer will never convince me to get in that bathtub he is restoring. Better stick with those John Deere wannabes.

Boscoe, I got a new leaf blower for Christmas.......

We have some newer folks posting now & I hope the VA Board will get back to the way it use to be.

Farmer, sooner or later I will catch up with you at a Bash. I can still take you 2 out of 3 falls...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast