Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what this rattling noise is in my pole?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone know what this rattling noise is in my pole?

Just got my 8 12' bucks graphite jig poles from Grizzly Jig Co yesterday. Got my reels in today and was putting line on and got to one pole and heard something rattling and thought I didn't tighten the nut that holds the reel on but it was tight. Took the reel off and and was still rattling inside under the reel seat is and it's not the little nut or the top section that holds the reel bc I held on to them as I shook the rod. Sounds almost like a bob or something inside it but can't figure it out. I called Grizzly Jig and talked to the guy and he's never heard of my problem but said I can send it back to be replaced which I'm gonna call and see about shipping it back but was wondering if any of you know what it could be. Don't think it will affect the performance but the rattle is pretty loud and didn't pay extra to get the rattle. Thanks

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently it is some fad that is going around the workers in the Chinese manufacturing plants. We bought the in-laws a patio set and someone had welded up something in one of the tubes on the table. It sounded like a nut rattling when you tilted the table from side to side. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't lots more of this going on that we don't hear about.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCC View Post
    Apparently it is some fad that is going around the workers in the Chinese manufacturing plants. We bought the in-laws a patio set and someone had welded up something in one of the tubes on the table. It sounded like a nut rattling when you tilted the table from side to side. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't lots more of this going on that we don't hear about.
    Yeah. I was disappointed when I took the rods out and read where they are made at but wasnt surprised. Shouldn't be much of a problem getting it replaced. Just wish the weather would warm back up to the 40's for a couple days so I can break in all the new stuff I bought in the last week. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Probably some carbon that broke off the unfinished blank in the handle and is rattling in the tube all the way up inside. Should not affect the performance but like you said you did not pay for the noise.
    If the rod is defective I would not pay for shipping back. That is their responsibility or I would not shop there again. Just saying.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

those things that rattle around inside are GPS locators that have came loose. They put them in there so that when the U.S. doesn't pay they're debt they can find their stuff and take it back!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Crestliner08, Billbob, broz, RCC, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickingback View Post
    Probably some carbon that broke off the unfinished blank in the handle and is rattling in the tube all the way up inside. Should not affect the performance but like you said you did not pay for the noise.
    If the rod is defective I would not pay for shipping back. That is their responsibility or I would not shop there again. Just saying.
    They were really nice about it when I called. I'm gonna call this morning to see how they want me to ship it back. Hopefully it'll be a quick fix for them. Was told by a guy that Grizzly backs their stuff up better when something goes wrong

Post Thanks / Like

It might be a good thing, that rattle that drives you nuts my just transmit down the line and add some sound or a new vibration to your bait.

Post Thanks / Like

You will not find any business better to deal with than grizzly jig. I wish they were close by as I would love to visit store but they are 385 miles away Still thinking about going to open house this year

Post Thanks / Like

It may be the inserts in the eyes on the rods I have a few that do that. It does attract fish

Post Thanks / Like

I shipped the rod back today. Hoping I'll have the new one by the end of next week. Even though I looks like at least another 2 weeks before the boat sees water again bc of super cold temps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast