Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW TO AREA!

Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW TO AREA!

Hello all,
    I am gonna be moving to the Anacoco area in March, and am trying to get a jump start on some fishing partners. I am gonna be moving really close to Vernon Lake. I am in the Army and gonna be stationed at Polk. I have always been a big Catfisherman, but have always wanted to learn how to slam some crappie. I would love any advice or maybe a trade off of a catfishing trip on my boat and a crappie trip on yours. Looking forward to hearing from everyone and hope the fish are bitin!

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Northwest Louisiana! Someone from the Anacoco area should be along soon!
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

PawPaw Gene is online now Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Johnny and thank you for your service. I know little about the area but you will not be far from Lake Vernon, Anacoco, and Toledo Bend. All of them have catfish and crappie. I heard a second hand report of someone catching some 3 pound crappie on a catfish line in Vernon recently. Sounds like your kind of place.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Come on down --- You might be able to make it to the Toledo Bend Gathering in Feb , or the one being Planned at Henderson in the Swamp. Great food and sharing ways to Load the Cooler

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from Arkansas.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome..Thank you for your service.........

bflowers is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to LA Crappie dot com and to Louisiana
    and THANK YOU for you service to our country.
    ​COURTESY,LOYALTY,SERVICE, & HONOR

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Prowler, a member here, lives on Vernon and fishes Toledo Bend regular since it's so close. A very fine fella, his wife works at the base. Anacoco is roughly 15-20 minutes from Toledo Bend south state park. Haven't heard from him in a while. Last time I fished with him, he mentioned going through a job change. I plan on calling him up before long to see what's up. He plans on being at the Toledo Bend gathering again this year, so you're welcome to join us.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I caught my largest sacaulait on Vernon. Anacoco Lake is a well kept secret I hear about from the locals and Mr Courtney who just passed away.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all of the warm welcomes! I have done quite a bit of research on the areas and it seems that there are tons of fishing opportunities in and around the Polk area. I would love to come to the gathering ya'll are having, but I won't be there until mid-March. Hopefully I will be able to get a line wet shortly after. My boats been sitting for a year and a half...I'm praying a quick tune-up and a new battery is all that is needed. So since I have never lived in the south before, one big question I've had is, how many gators are there? Do they bother you in the boat? I am from Indiana...we don't have em up there! lol Need to know if I need to brush up on my wrestling! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast