Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How are those cellos Tal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How are those cellos Tal?

You like? They will make you howl at the moon won't they?
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    You like? They will make you howl at the moon won't they?
    They are great. Gives warmth a new meaning.
    Likes "D", Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What do you wear them on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish on Line View Post
    What do you wear them on?
    wear???

Post Thanks / Like

FOL, I made these from the satsuma's, lemons, and black berries I grow.

Name:  Cellos.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  122.4 KB

Guess you missed my original post. Making more this weekend with all the citrus I have on the trees.
    Randy Andres

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Randy, I've heard of people making it but no one has posted a recipe. Do you have one or is it a great secret.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Country Living thread had tons of Citrus in your yard, The Grapefruit tree made me Drool. I have some Peach trees I spray with Fruit tree Spray several times a year. I always have the Fruit fall off Full of worms and always before any get Ripe . I am Happy to make 8 to 10 Gallons of Muscadine Wine.

Post Thanks / Like

Grapefruit will be ready this weekend, doing it as well. I have peach trees but can't keep the birds off the peaches, they tear them up with very little left. After seeing a picture of Gene's fig trees with his netting - I'm going to do that this Spring for the peaches. Haven't had a problem with worms. Maybe because of all the birds out here.

Gene - for citrus (satsuma's, lemons, grapefruit, etc.), I place the peeled rinds in a half gallon container (any size container will do) roughly half full. Try to minimize the pith (white part under the rind). For berries, I just put the berries in and call it good. Fill the container with Everclear (ethanol). I assume you can use vodka, etc. I just keep it to it's purest form. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil to block out all light. Place in a cool location (I use the back of my shop). Let sit for 4 - 6 weeks. Take a peak on occasion to see if the color is right. When ready, strain through coffee filters into a larger bowl. This part is time consuming, but produces a nice transparent fluid.

Next, prepare a simple sugar syrup by combining one part water to one part sugar (2 cups water to 2 cups sugar, etc. depending upon the size of your batch). Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool simple syrup in an ice bath or whatever.

I use a final ratio of 2 1/2 cups of simple syrup to 2 cups infused alcohol to bottle them up. Let sit for at least 2 weeks to let the syrup marry with the alcohol. Serve very cold, I recommend store in freezer for a pleasant bite
    Randy Andres

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Randy, I have an overabundance of tangerines that I might try your recipe on.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!