Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: aluminum plate

Post Thanks / Like

Default aluminum plate

dose anyone sell blank plate in widths for making our own lamenat plates? Ive got the drill press and bits but no supply of plate. Dave

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

most of the mold makers have blanks contact them I'm sure that they would sell you some.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

You can make a pinch plate too using thin metal sheet. I get stuff at a local Hobby Lobby that can be cut with a kitchen scissors yet it strong enough not to bend easy but still is thin enough that it can be pinched between the mold halves and shot. People open up pop and beer cans to make the pinch plates too. Sometimes the pinch plates work great on both side of the plate and others only the vented side will shoot good. But $4.00 just up the street and 15 minutes of time is cheaper than waiting for a 15.00 dollar plate.
    Likes snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Although a bit pricey for me METAL SUPERMARKETS - Buy Metal Online - Small Quantity Orders for Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Hot Rolled Steel, Cold Rolled Steel for Delivery or Local Pickup this outfit does mail order

You may want to check locally for metal suppliers. May need to talk to a few different ones but I'd bet you can find one that stocks aluminum plate, would be willing to cut to size and sell direct.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I tried aluminum from a turkey pan which works most of the time but u need tight grips to do it. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Flashing for roofing is what I use. Easy to cut with snips. Hardware store. Shop Amerimax 6-in x 50-ft Aluminum Flashing at Lowes.com
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!