Thread: Video Tip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video Tip

You might put this to use later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHVkwKgE5A

Herb

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good tips Herb. That's 3 good fishermen there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Herb, long time!

It's amazing to me that this is revolutionary....take a look back at all my posts on OGF or here....this is exactly how I fish and most of the guys that I fish with also....next thing you know, swimbaits will be the next revolutionary way to catch Crappies because they are so versatile!
    IMHO, These are things that fishermen should have already know and should be constantly thinking about. Sounds like the others in the tournament were stubborn and were going to make their technique fit, no matter what the fish were telling them...these 2 listened to the fish and ADAPTED!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Im one of those stubborn ones. I have a hard time with my jig getting what I call "hang time". I like to make short underhand casts (normally no further than 15ft), count it down and raise my rod up to let the jig slowly "swing" back to me. with a long cast its hard to get that "hang time" I normally only use 1/16th ounce heads though so may I should try going much lighter? Thoughts? Im all ears folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    Im one of those stubborn ones. I have a hard time with my jig getting what I call "hang time". I like to make short underhand casts (normally no further than 15ft), count it down and raise my rod up to let the jig slowly "swing" back to me. with a long cast its hard to get that "hang time" I normally only use 1/16th ounce heads though so may I should try going much lighter? Thoughts? Im all ears folks.
    So many different ways to be successful with what you are doing....If you cast 30 feet or more, you can make multiple swings.
    In some situations, I cast out as far as possible with my swimbait, and bounce it off the bottom all the way back to me.
    In other situations, I will cast out as far as possible with the swimmer, and raise and lower the rod, to swing it back to me to keep it in the strikezone longer.
    Other times I cast past the cover and raise and lower or bounce through it, if that doesn't make them react, then you can swim it through and twitch it or switch pace.
    Sometimes they hold tight and you have to keep it in their face....and sometimes they are chasing and want the swimmer moving fast!
    You just have to understand the different patterns and what they want...they'll always eat, if you present it properly!
    IMHO, a swimmer allows you multiple actions on whatever technique you use or is needed...it has the most reative keys of any bait, and you can adjust the action needed by the way you present it!
    Take your jigs out and watch the different action you can give it in the water, then take a swimmer out and check the varied action....even if you prefer jigs, minnows, tubes, cranks, etc, a swimmer should be in your arsenal.....most likely before long, the swimmer will be the only thing in your arsenal.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great video thanks!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

point to ponder....
    tree growing @ 40ft in 100+ fow...........

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Herb...I don't know if this is the case or not, but alot of the TVA impoundments were just areas that they flooded....it is not like in Ohio where they bulldozed everything flat on some reservoirs.
    Several impoundments I fished when I was in the South had valleys with trees that were flooded and they were just like that....those treetops of 40 to 60 foot trees are massive!
    Here in Ohio, the ODNR and COE like MOST of our reservoirs to be about 5 feet deep and full of blue green algae!lol....them boys down South know they have it good!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    Here in Ohio, the ODNR and COE like MOST of our reservoirs to be about 5 feet deep and full of blue green algae!lol....them boys down South know they have it good!
    Define MOST...what lakes are that shallow in Ohio? Just curious. I know GLSM and Indian maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Great tips
    Share the outdoors with our Children.The world will be a better place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast