Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Maybe pinch some knickers with this.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe pinch some knickers with this.....

Here's something to take a gander at... Do-It Essential Series Soft Plastic Bait Molds . It might pinch at some people's knickers but the news is good in that now people who have looked for an affordable way into making their own plastic baits with a quality, but inexpensive, aluminum injection mold, can stop searching.

Do-It's sand cast technology will soon be spread to Gander Mountains stores, Fleet Farm stores, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, Barlows as well as the already mentioned Janns Netcraft network. And its not just the molds. Do-It's quality Essential series plastic, glitters and colorants will also be found at these locations.

Check the link to see the seven great molds available and then check the price! This has been long over-due. Do-It will still offer high quality, top of the line CNC molds from their own website/ on-line store. I can hear some squeaking already from a few....

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

ctom I notice it says all the molds listed are out of stock are all the other mail order catalog companies going to offer them also. that is a goodbye on a mold .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Right now Janns will fill back-orders as they come in. A lot of companies are going to be handling the molds and it will take time for them to get them on-hand. As far as I know the molds will ship right from Do-It for Jann's customers. Thirty bucks is a darn good price and I have worked with a couple of these molds so I can say they are the cat's meow for those who have wanted to do this but have been held back by CNC pricing. I can see this stepping on some toes, but its a positive move in a positive direction.
    Last edited by "G"; 12-12-2014 at 09:41 PM.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    Right now Janns will fill back-orders as they come in. A lot of companies are going to be handling the molds and it will take time for them to get them on-hand. As far as I know the molds will ship right from Do-It for Jann's customers. Thirty bucks is a damn good price and I have worked with a couple of these molds so I can say they are the cat's meow for those who have wanted to do this but have been held back by CNC pricing. I can see this stepping on some toes, but its a positive move in a positive direction.
    They sure have made it affordable for the beginner which I know a lot of guys that want to get into it like you say they could not afford it so this makes it very easy for them to get into this hobby I hope that they will offer some smaller size molds for the panfish who knows I may even order a bunch of them I see a couple of them that I would like to have for the bass guys. I forgot to add with the new plastic it will make it that more simpler for the beginner.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is cheap.

Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

This is a game changer. The resolution is slightly less but for a new guy wanting to get into plastic this is the ticket. I think they will offer some kits pretty soon from what I hear.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!
    Likes snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's great, but I hope they have ideas for some pan fish sized baits in the near future

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, is all I can say. If I was into bass fishing theese would be great and for the price even better. I also hope to see it in crappie baits.Dave

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a bait you've been wanting to try, this is a great way before spending bigger bucks on the top of the line molds.