Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Problem solved: hammock in boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem solved: hammock in boat

It is a $450 fine if you are caught camping anywhere near the shore of 110,000 acre Sam Rayburn Reservoir. That means 750 miles of shoreline, most of it national forest that I use to primitive camp is now off limits to us to use overnight. The Corp of Engineers will gladly allow you to use one of their campsites for about $20 a night though.
    I am not a rich man, and $20 a night is money that I formerly did not have to spend to camp on Big Sam.
    It is still not illegal to night fish on Rayburn, and I can find no prohibition against nodding off while waiting for a tug on the end of your line at night.
    So…BOOYAH!!! Corp Dudes:
    Name:  20141205 - BIAS Camper XL in the boat 4.jpg
Views: 2526
Size:  39.4 KBName:  20141205 - BIAS Camper XL in the boat.jpg
Views: 4239
Size:  40.0 KB Hammock stand end arms are slip fit. Take hammock down, remove end arms and stow on hammock base, push under rear deck for the day. Reverse when the bite slows and take a nap. Anchor up with spread front and rear anchors over a brush pile all night if necessary. No need to run miles across the lake in the morning. If you hear snoring under the 147 bridge please come introduce yourself. When the snoring stops...
    Likes TurboDan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

LoL... That looks like a "must have" boat accessory. Let the water rock you to sleep.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way you think!!! Nice boat too.

-danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses