Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOOD SAVER VACUUM SEALERS

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FOOD SAVER VACUUM SEALERS

Do any of you use the vacuum sealers to package food for the freezer? If so, are there any particular models you can recommend? I've been reading reviews of various sealers and been getting mixed messages.
    Thanks.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the Food Saver vacuum sealers for years and swear by them. I am still using the simple base model I paid about $80 for 10 years ago. It really makes a difference in how long and how well food will keep. Saves on room in the freezer too. Of course the newer more pricey ones have more features and are more automated than mine, so when mine dies I will upgrade maybe to their mid price range.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes RMGeorge, IkenI LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Used one for about 2 hrs yesterday pack deer sausage with my boss, I will be a proud owner of one very soon and he swears by his
    *The Bandit*
    Likes RMGeorge LIKED above post

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to put up some smoked deer sausage, too. That's what got me thinking about getting one. How well do they work on fish? I have always covered my fish with water before freezing.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a game saver deluxe and use it all the time. Works great! Tried fish once but you have to pre freeze them first. Easier to freeze in quart bags covered in water.

Post Thanks / Like

For sausage they work great, for fish, shrimp or anything that I normally freeze in water, I will stick to quart containers or bags. I have had air get in a few of the ones that I have done sausage or corn in though. I think as long as you can get it in the freezer fairly quickly after you have them sealed you should be ok.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FOOD SAVER VACUUM SEALERS

Have one o the ziplock brand. like it alot. Saves alot o space.

Post Thanks / Like

Have used a commercial model for years and love it. Big bonus is it is great way to marinate meats and even veggies although the veggies sometimes get tenderized. Tried to find our model and saw they now have cordless models.

Wife brought one of these home a while back Cuisinart® 103-oz. Vacuum Seal Canister - JCPenney thought it would be good for veggies and salads, Does a great job with salad at least the lettucedoes not start to wilt the day after. I wanna try it for marinating chicken but she keeps is full of salad.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only bad thing about them is the price of the bagging material. I went look for some on ebay and found them much cheaper and they work well.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes RMGeorge, badgericeman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 3880 and love it. I had an older model for years and was one of the old ones that were good, but lacked a lot of what the new ones have. This one is upright and auto detects if I am doing something wet. It also auto starts when you have the bag on right. I would look for one like this or newer, but upright and auto detect wet stuff.
    I also still freeze my fish in water and shrimp in shells will stick a hole in the bag so not a good option for that, but so many things you can store using these!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast