Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to the site!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the site!

Just wanted to say hello! I'm new to the site but not to Crappie fishing. I'm from Cedar Bluff AL and live on Weiss Lake. What's the tournament schedule looking like for this club in 2015 ? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! Lots of good info in the archives and many good folks to offer assistance when requested.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We will have a club meeting and dinner to decide the schedule for 2015 after the first of the year. It is usually held the first Saturday in February. Everyone is invited to attend this meeting and see what we are about and get to know everyone. We fish Weiss, Neely Henry and Logan Martin Lakes. We fish each one in the spring and again in the fall. After the last yearly tournament we hold a classic which you must qualify for by fishing in 4 of the 6 regular tournaments. The classic is held on Neely Henry Lake since it is in the middle. The date will be announced for the meeting on this sight when it is decided. If you want more info you may call me at 205-283-7638.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Roger. Can you just show up at the first tournament or will I need to preregister? Are these team or single fisherman tourney's ?

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You may show up at any tournament and join and pay entry fee and fish that day. Our membership dues are $10. per year if you pay at the meeting and $15. any time after that. When you join you must sign a wavier that releases anyone with our club in case you have some kind of accident. Our tournament fees are $50. per team per tournament. From the entry fee $5 per team is paid out for big fish and $5 per team is put into the clubs bank account to use as payout for the classic and to pay expenses throughout the year and the rest is paid out at each tournament. We pay out one place for every 3 boats entered. A team can be 1 adult, 2 adults or 1 or 2 adults with 1 child under 16 years of age. Each team can weigh in up to 7 fish regardless of number of team members. We encourage everyone to come to the meeting/dinner and meet us and find out what we are all about. We do a covered dish dinner like a family reunion or church dinner. The dinner alone is worth the $10. membership fee. We give out prizes from the previous year like the points championship and things like that, we talk about any rule changes we want to make and vote on them and also set the tournament dates for the year and get volunteers to be tournament director at each event. We have teams in our club that are 2 men, 2 brothers, husband and wife teams, men with a child, or family with a child. We are a family friendly club and try to promote fishing to children or people who have not fished. We have members in the club who have never fished tournaments before and some who fish in the national tournament trails. If you have any more questions you can call me and I will try to answer any questions for you.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from IL
    ​Proud Member Team Geezer
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an Angler"
    Izaak Walton