Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Rousseau

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Rousseau

Has anyone here fished Lake Rousseau? I have taken a look at the campgrounds website and google earth to get an idea of it and it looks pretty promising. I like the idea of freshwater on the withlachoochie side and brackish water on the Northwest side for some inshore action. But the shallow water and submerged trees have me a little timid about going over there. What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of stumps! Just be careful...
    Likes Jeepjock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it tidal or just shallow? The reason I ask is because I use the Navionics Platinum plus for the southeast and its pretty accurate when I go out of Yankeetown.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on it a few times.......it looks fishy.

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful some of the markers are not marked right. I know a lot of people that have messed their boat up including me I got stuck on a stump and put a whole in the bottom of my boat. Good luck
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome lake! It eats hulls and motors. Don't take your best boat and the cards are not good either.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry about my post don't want to rain on your parade but it is some good fishing in the lake just be careful. I catch pretty good shell crackers and blue gills. It is some big specks just to reemphasize be very careful
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

yes lots of trees,cut off even with the water level....drive slow,the lake is deep and the tree stumps are tall...I never went past a fast idle... bumped a tree while in 27ft of water and it was at least 24" across.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Knot2Bad LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to try it more this winter with the pontoon boat cause the jon boat doesn't like the stumps when the wind is blowing and you have to stay in the "channel" when using the gas motors. great fishing though and beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

All good information fellas, I just invested in a newer larger outboard and prop the last thing I would want to do it is test them out for their tree trimming abilities. The great thing about living in Florida is the abundance of bodies of water to fit our liking. I've been given a few other options some I'm familiar with and others not so much but either way I'll be wetting a line soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast