Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New paddletail baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default New paddletail baits

Do-It has just smoked the competition with a pair of new molds to go along with their 3.75" Thump-It Grub.

The picture shows the two new grubs, one at 1.5" and the other at 2.5". The molds were just release last Friday and mine arrived today, however I have been fishing the proto-type baits for some time now and have nothing but good to say about them. Now, after having shot the molds, I have nothing but good to say about them.

Both molds are well vented making tail color shots such as those shown a piece of cake. Neither mold takes much plastic. When its time to remove the baits from the sprue they pop right off clean without any need whatever of clean-up with a razor or knife. Both of these molds are the same height so piggy-backing molds for successive shots is a snap. As with most all paddletail molds, doing the tail color by re-inserting that portion of the bait goes easier with a light lubing of worm oil. Basically everything about these molds makes them very user friendly.

Of late my fishing with these has included some interesting small mouth and walleye action on the larger of the two. As the water temperature drops this mid-sized bait will get hotter and hotter. The 1.5 incher has been taking crappies in the 13" range pretty commonly. The smaller ones fish under a float as well as they do cast and retrieved. The tail button on both of these molds is thinner tha some competitor's tail and the tail webbing is such that it eliminates tail wrapping which some of the other paddletails still have problems with.

Priced very moderately, these are very nice molds and easy enough for even beginners to cut their teeth on. They sure do get a thumbs up from me.
    Likes shipahoy41, snake River, fireman58 LIKED above post

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

they definitely look good for sure I may have to order 4 of those molds in 1.5 in the 2.5 how about the tail action in the water is there a lot of vibration .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

The tail action in the water even under a float is outstanding.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    Do-It has just smoked the competition with a pair of new molds to go along with their 3.75" Thump-It Grub.

The picture shows the two new grubs, one at 1.5" and the other at 2.5". The molds were just release last Friday and mine arrived today, however I have been fishing the proto-type baits for some time now and have nothing but good to say about them. Now, after having shot the molds, I have nothing but good to say about them.

Both molds are well vented making tail color shots such as those shown a piece of cake. Neither mold takes much plastic. When its time to remove the baits from the sprue they pop right off clean without any need whatever of clean-up with a razor or knife. Both of these molds are the same height so piggy-backing molds for successive shots is a snap. As with most all paddletail molds, doing the tail color by re-inserting that portion of the bait goes easier with a light lubing of worm oil. Basically everything about these molds makes them very user friendly.

Of late my fishing with these has included some interesting small mouth and walleye action on the larger of the two. As the water temperature drops this mid-sized bait will get hotter and hotter. The 1.5 incher has been taking crappies in the 13" range pretty commonly. The smaller ones fish under a float as well as they do cast and retrieved. The tail button on both of these molds is thinner tha some competitor's tail and the tail webbing is such that it eliminates tail wrapping which some of the other paddletails still have problems with.

Priced very moderately, these are very nice molds and easy enough for even beginners to cut their teeth on. They sure do get a thumbs up from me.
    I have a 2" paddletail mold. That is a cool effect I may just start doing the longer chartreuse/lime tail like you do instead of just the tip like I had been doing. . .Name:  Paddletail.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  5.5 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking baits CTom. Bet they will catch a bunch of fish.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Mike...

You'll get way better welds if you leave a little of the body meat on the tail piece.
    Likes crappiefarmer, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Really like that 1.5" - can you do laminate colors in those Tom???
    Likes snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The way the mold is laid out makes two sides, not a top and bottom. Someone with a twin injector or a blending block might be able to but I cannot without some real chancy cutting and re-inserting. I may try a core color tomorrow. Tail colors are no problem as you can see. In small baits such as this there really isn't much benefit in a split color body because the two colors will show up weak unless they are mixed up super rich and that's kind of a waste of colorant.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another color pattern that has been hot lately in other bait styles. In this paddletail it should take right off too.

Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom you would have to turn your blending block in the mold to get it to come out right? I see what you're talking about is I seen the dividing line in the ones that you have done and I was talking about the blending block on the dual injector.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast