Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake Harris

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake Harris

Thinking about Going To Lake Harris On Sunday. Never Crappie Fished On It. I Am Not Set Up For Trolling Or Pushing. Looking To See If Someone Could Point Me To A Area Or If You Think It Would Not Be Effective Right Now For Fishing With A Float Or Jig.I Am Up For Going Somewhere Else If It Not A Good Time For This Body Of Water.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try around the Johnsons point area. Try setting your corks around 8 to12 ft. deep.

Post Thanks / Like

9th Street canal can be a good spot too, plenty of cover and the water is in the 4-7' range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Camps View Post
    9th Street canal can be a good spot too, plenty of cover and the water is in the 4-7' range.
    Sounds like some local intel right there! Welcome Brandon!

Post Thanks / Like

Not To Much Luck. Couple Hits But Nothing To The Boat. Only Went Out For Couple Of Hours This Evening. Put In At Little Harris. Made It Over To The Point After The Bridge Water Was A Little Rough And The Wind Put A Hamper On Things. Maybe Next Time.

where Is The 9 Street Canal At?

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Northwest end of Lake Harris, halfway between Venetian Gardens and hwy 27 pier(launch ramp), almost due west from Johnson's point. Hard to see but most of the fast running bass boats are headed there.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Sounds like some local intel right there! Welcome Brandon!
    Thanks for the warm welcome huntinslabs. I have only been out a few times myself this year with getting a larger boat my wife prefers going to the gulf to fish but my time of year is here. I grew up in Gainesville and Fall and winter fishing up there is when you find the realy nice sized eating panfish and cats. I also wanted to add this for some that visit the harris chain there is a baitshop on Lake Eustis where 19 and 441 that is open 7 days a week. My father is a diehard bait fisherman and wanted grass shrimp (previous shop didn't have any), it was a long shot and 5+ mile boat ride across the the lakes on the chance they'd be open and have some they did. We managed 9 keepers out of about 50 but the specks were more responsive to the shrimp than worms or crickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Minners and shrimps for Specks. You need to pull down to Monroe, ya might change your wife's mind on freshwater in the fall. But I can certainly agree with her on the summer in the brine.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on where you are living presently - Lochloosa & Newmans are
    going really good this time of year

Again depends on where you are living or staying at...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishin813 View Post
    Depending on where you are living presently - Lochloosa & Newmans are
    going really good this time of year

Again depends on where you are living or staying at...
    Yea I'm going to have to coordinate something with my dad, its been almost 2 years since I've fished Lochloosa and Newmans is supposedly on fire since mid summer. Its just a time and opportunity thing for me.