Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mondo Condo, part 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mondo Condo, part 2

-- Fatboy agreed to take me out Dec 8 to place condos. He was nice enough to wait until the sun came out to warm things up. We left the house at 8:30; by then it was already 26 degrees. Here's a picture of the condos loaded on the trailer:

-- A couple of horses in a pasture we drove past seemed to be thinking "that's the funniest looking load of hay I've ever seen!" We got to the lake & unloaded - the ramp iced over almost immediately from the water dripping off the trailer.

-- Luckily there weren't many other boats on the lake as we'd have had a difficult time maneuvering around them:

-- Casey getting ready to carefully install a condo:

-- Making sure we can find it again:

-- Another one going in:

FB is right on -- just let it over the side & it drops like a parachute. No ropes or other rigging needed. Thank you, Fatboy, for the ride and for the lessons. When it gets just a LITTLE warmer, I'll be making some more and calling you again!!

Post Thanks / Like

64 views and not one comment. LOL Oh well. Here is one. Enjoyed the trip Mike and I am sure the crappie will enjoy the BOO even more once this high pressure system decides to move on and they decide to eat. I just about have all the frozen tears and snot thawed out now. I wonder why everyone was all hunkered down behind the windshield running down the lake? FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas tree style

Looks good guys, always enjoy setting out condos. Here is something that works for me though. I make my condos like you did, set them in a bucket of concrete and let them dry at the house. BUT before loading them on the trailer or hauling them on the boat to the lake, I like to tie them up like they ship Christmas Trees. Just use some clothes line rope purchased at Wally World, then carry a mess of them out on the lake. As you set one over the side of the boat you can cut the rope and they will unfold or OPEN back up and sink straight down. This just allows you to haul more out on the boat and still be able to see where you are going. Try it sometime, you might like it. Good fishing to all. Ferdi aka Fred Oh, I forgot, you can reuse the rope even after several cutting. The condos don't know the difference. hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea! Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condos

Mike and John,

Thanks for improving the fishery. I sure will enjoy catching the fish off of those this January. I had the camera on you when you dropped them. Did you put some near my spots so I wouldn't have to ride far?

R
    Secretary of Da Fish!

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, you should remember that there are many lurkers and members on this site daily. If your getting views of the post, just be happy, because someone doesn't make a comment, doesn't mean that they didn't learn something from it.

Now with that said, up here in western Pa, we don't have the right type of boo to sink in the lake. How about someone bringing us a huge load up, so we can build a few hundred to sink, lol. You boo states have it over us for sure. The boo here, would start growing again, after it was sunk, so I was told by a corp ranger.

Post Thanks / Like

S10 Chevy, i have some good type of Boo over here on the eastern part of the state. Problem is it's illegal to drop stuff in the lake without permits and it's kinda hard to hide a truck load of boo at the ramp haha. Have you ever talked to anyone about putting these in the water and if so who do I need to contact to try and do this the legal way?

Post Thanks / Like

Fat boy it's been a little over month since you set your condos out, just curious if you have fished them yet/ producing?

And I hate to be a pain in the butt, if it's not a big hassle next time you fish them, to take a picture of them on the graph, just currius what they look like on the graph.

Thanks

Marc
    Last edited by Marc; 01-24-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

is that tims ford lake? looks similar

Post Thanks / Like

Normandy grundan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast