Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fletchers ICE?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fletchers ICE?

How is the hard water getting up there in north eastern Michigan? Hope to be doing some fishing through a hole over the holidays. Any report would be appreciated. Would love to find some Eyes to so if anyone can suggest a lake to fish for them in the Fletchers area that would be great. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the lakes up here have some ice, but it is just a skim to 1 inch in most places. They say we have some 40s and possible rain toward the first of the week so I think it will still be a while. Maybe a couple of weeks. I am in Grayling area right now, maybe lakes in the Fletchers are a little more solid but I doubt it. As soon as I here it is safe and can schedule a day you know I will be there.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I heard on one of the Michigan boards that there was 4 inches of ice on Fletchers. That was yesterday. That is a real shallow lake. Think its possible that its ahead of the other lakes. I read what you said about spearing Pike and got all excited wanting to try it. Last couple times I went to fletchers I watched some big pike stare at the sucker right below the hole in the shanty and didnt take the bait, but they sat there long enough that yo could have speared them for sure. Too bad it aint legal in that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

It is very possible that Fletchers is ahead of the game when it comes to ice. In that area they often do not receive half the snow that we do here so the lakes do not get insulated like they do here. As long as the wind stays down Fletchers will freeze up early, though it is notorious for being a windy lake. You really have to watch for seperating sheets of ice from time to time. As far as the pike spearing goes it is great but you must make sure you try it on a lake that allows it. There are several lakes in Michigan that do not permit spearing and Fletchers just happens to be one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received a report from a local business near Fletchers Pond. 2 1/2 - 3 inches of white foamy ice but the anglers are out there. Catching some speck and gills on minnows and wax worms

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldnt surprise me to hear that they are driving on it with cars. They start early and in full swing there. Me and my brother-in-law just shake our head and laugh. Some brave or just plane stoopid folks. lol