Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What Jig Head

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Jig Head

What Types And Sizes Of Jigs Do You Troll With.i Have Been Looking For 1/16 And 1/32 Oz Heads With A Light Wire #1 Or 1/0 And Cant Find Them Any Help Or Tips Will Be Appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

to find a 1/16 or 1/32 in jig with a #1 or larger hook may not be so easy, the mold to make the 1/32 holds a #6 or #8 hook and the molds for 1/16 holds a #4 or #2, to get a larger hook in them the jig maker must modify there molds and most are not willing to so it, really big fish can be caught on small hooks you may want to try a jig with a sickle hook as it has a larger gap and thin wire, I and several other on this site maybe able to help you with it just go to the small business directory listed above directory

Post Thanks / Like

To get the jigs you want must be custom made by a master. The 'Master Jig' maker lives in Golden Colorado. Tom's Handcrafted Lures will put any size hook or style of hook in those lite jig heads. Custom colors too. Give him a call at 303 913 1230. Also ask him about his new '2 eyed' jigs. If you are using 2 jigs at a time you'll want these. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I get most of my jigheads from The Crappie Hole, owners name is Marc give him a call 803.345.5606 and he will hook you up. Hey i think i made a joke there "Hook u Up"
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I make alot of my own jigs and have modified my molds to use larger hooks. I use Eagle Claw 570 lazer hooks and can make a 1/32 and 1/16 with up to a 4/0 hook. I used these in tubes for bass where I needed a large hook thin wire and not alot of weight. For crappi I make them with #1 or 1/0 hooks and this puts the hook further in to the skirt of the crappi tube. I use 2" tubes and 2" grubs alot. I'v always liked a larger hook on jigs and now there are more companys making them. I'm sure some one on this site can help you find what you need and good luck in trolling,

Post Thanks / Like

I have 1/32 with #8, #6 &#4 hooks, 1/16 same hooks, 1/8 same hooks & 1/4 with #4 and going to add #6 hooks to that.

I see no reason to use anything larger than a #4 for me. I have had people ask for #2 hooks, but I don't keep them in stock.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!