Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain question

Hi Everyone-
    been awhile since I have been on here, Have had a lot of health issues over the past year and I was feeling a little better and a buddy is taking me to Twain this weekend to wet a line and get some fresh air. I know the lake has been up and is finally falling just wonder if anyone has been up lately and can give me any info on the pattern they are on. Usually put in at U boat ramp. Any general info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Last week sucked! It looks like they quit dropping the lake so it should get better!

Post Thanks / Like

I put in at U ramp last weekend. Had a hot tip that they were crappie at the bridge piers in 40 feet of water fishing 20 feet deep. Fished that first and caught nothing on the deep piers. Hit the shallow pier which was in 12 foot of water and had to drop it all the way to the bottom and pick up slightly and it was a light bite. Caught 3 there and missed a couple. Then went up and hit the trees along the shore and points in deeper water and went hitless. Caught 4 more crappie in the little inlets in 7-12 feet of water. All fish were caught on chartruse jig head and minnow only. The fishing should be better if they stopped dropping the lake. Good luck and send us back a good report.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give a report when I get back tomorrow! My son and I are going and give it a try. I gave him a choice of MT or LOZ and he chose MT.I really hope its picked up!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barry- Hope you get em!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wasted gas! Should have tried LOZ! Won't go back to MT for a while!!!!! Again I had 1 bite, 1 small white bass, my son snagged a small drum.....he didn't even get a bite!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I knew you be upset Barry when you saw that LOZ report yesterday. Just wait, next week they will be pulling in limits at Mark Twain. That's how it goes.
    Likes BarryG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well Twain was tough. Had 5 friday. They were all good fish an 4 saturday. Thanks for the info Barry. Should have hit LOZ