Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not a bad Sunday...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a bad Sunday...

Picked up 10 keepers with 3 of them over 13", which is really good for our little lake. Most are around the 9-10" range for the bigger ones. Had to work most of the day for them but spider rigged with double minnows was the ticket. Had a few different colors of Bobby Garland shad on as well but never caught a fish on the artificial stuff. Funny thing though, I did catch the majority of the fish on one pole that was double rigged with a straight minnow and a BG shad (without minnow) on it?? Maybe just a coincidence, but it was strange that it happened more than not. Great day on the water and did have a little company for about an hour from one of my boys (one holding fish). Wasn't catching when he got in boat so it got boring pretty quick. Luckily we live about 5 miles from lake so Momma could make a quick trip down to get him!! I enjoyed it even if it was for just a little while....hard to get my older teenage boys to "want" to go anymore.

Name:  fish 1.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  77.6 KBName:  fish 2.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  44.4 KB
    Last edited by Bluesraider; 09-15-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Likes theygotaeat, sniperei, huntinslabs, dkb23 LIKED above post

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go congratz
    Good luck and good fishing

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Wound up with a mess of fish. Teenage kids lose interest in a lot of things, like lawn mowers, etc.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Good job. Wound up with a mess of fish. Teenage kids lose interest in a lot of things, like lawn mowers, etc.
    X2! Nice job
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Yes it was a decent mess and we cooked them last night. Wife's aunt and uncle are in from Tallahassee and he got to fish the afternoon with me. Said its been probably 10-15 years since he has been and was very grateful to go. Also been that long since they had any to eat so they were in heaven. Love to see people enjoy what we can get from a fishing or hunting trip. He is also talking non stop about getting back into crappie fishing and getting his boat ready now that he is retired. He lives about 30 minutes from Talquin (sp?) Lake so I may have to get him on here for some of the Florida guys to help him out.

Ha!! Mine like the lawnmower because its the only way they can get any $$$ around my house! The 16 yr old still likes to hunt and fish any chance he gets but with High School there are 10,000 other things going on that takes up time!! My 14 old is the type that only wants to go when its good....trying to get him to just enjoy being out on the lake but its a harder sell with him. I have 5 boys and they are sure all different, but I guess that's what makes the world go round!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish for a Sunday! way to go!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesraider View Post
    Yes it was a decent mess and we cooked them last night. Wife's aunt and uncle are in from Tallahassee and he got to fish the afternoon with me. Said its been probably 10-15 years since he has been and was very grateful to go. Also been that long since they had any to eat so they were in heaven. Love to see people enjoy what we can get from a fishing or hunting trip. He is also talking non stop about getting back into crappie fishing and getting his boat ready now that he is retired. He lives about 30 minutes from Talquin (sp?) Lake so I may have to get him on here for some of the Florida guys to help him out.

Ha!! Mine like the lawnmower because its the only way they can get any $$$ around my house! The 16 yr old still likes to hunt and fish any chance he gets but with High School there are 10,000 other things going on that takes up time!! My 14 old is the type that only wants to go when its good....trying to get him to just enjoy being out on the lake but its a harder sell with him. I have 5 boys and they are sure all different, but I guess that's what makes the world go round!

There is a steady bunch of good fellas that fish Talquin. They are on both the Florida and Georgia board. Put him on and they will light the fires for sure. Shoot a pm to Tnt and litewirehooker and they wil lead the way I am sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch and sounds like a super sunday!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    There is a steady bunch of good fellas that fish Talquin. They are on both the Florida and Georgia board. Put him on and they will light the fires for sure. Shoot a pm to Tnt and litewirehooker and they wil lead the way I am sure.
    Thank you sir for the connections on the FL/GA boards!! They are leaving to head back today but I am arming him with site info and a few other things he might need. I fish a lot by myself but really enjoyed having him here to fish with and he would always take us deep sea fishing anytime we were down to visit, until his son kind of "destroyed" the boat!! Now maybe we can hit Talquin when we go down for a visit!!