Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thoughtthis Was A Fishin' Info Site????

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Thoughtthis Was A Fishin' Info Site????

Why are business advertising their products on so many different areas here??? Kinda ruining the purpose of this site.. Most adsI seen were from Phil's Communication I believe.. It seems if we were going to allow these,they would be only in a certain area...????

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down They're spam programs ....

Quote Originally Posted by hpcrappieman
    Why are business advertising their products on so many different areas here??? Kinda ruining the purpose of this site.. Most adsI seen were from Phil's Communication I believe.. It seems if we were going to allow these,they would be only in a certain area...????
    See the post above, entitled - "To All Members .. Warning"

(ignore them or report them to the moderator of the board you see them on ... the posts will be deleted, and the "member" will be banned/removed)

We don't allow them, we don't want them, and we get rid of them as soon as we find them !! ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

is there by any chance a feature when you set up this board,allowing "bots"?On another site i go to turned it off...so it's harder for the bots to get in.Something to do with 'google bots'.

NJcrappie Guest

bots have nothing to do with the spam. The spam is most likely coming from script kiddies.

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand some of the best crappie fishing products and deals are introduced on the board. Some of them are not found anywhere other than from the members here. Most of the ad's I have seen here are from members who love crappie fishing and offer items and advice to others to help them be more successful at the sport. No one is going to get rich by placing an ad on the board. Most of the ad's placed here are from mom and pop tackle shops and jig builders and they are only proud of their items and would like to offer them to us.
    Would a thread to a Mom And Pop Tackle For Sale, be an option to help keep it off other threads?
    Just a THOUGHT.

Post Thanks / Like

The majority that have adds, website links etc. in their signatures, post every now and then about their products, but their are some that it seems like every couple of days they make a new jig and appear to be advertizing it here. If it is a problem, I would suggest put a link to your site in your signature and occasionally mention it in a post "website updated"
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

If by chance you see one you think is an ad just click on another post and ignore the one you don't like.

I for one, have found the tackle and trips offered to be great. It's how we first found out about Jerry's guide service. this led us back to Crappie Camp and we loved it.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation guys & gals .....

hpcrappieman's post was in reference to a spammers post ... not directly aimed at our members who post about their products. The spammers are taken care of as fast as they are found by the moderators of the forums they appear on.

I don't know if these spam posts are bots, kids, real people, programs, or whatever ... I just know that they don't have a place on this site, and they won't stay any longer than it takes the other moderators, or myself, to find them and report them to Ed.

As for members posting websites, guide services, custom products, etc. ... that's allowed, and even encouraged, so long as that's not their sole purpose for posting. Members are interested in these items/services, and special deals are sometimes made to them, exclusively. We also have a listing of Crappie fishing related items/services ... and even a non-fishing related item/services section. But, since the Main Board is a "sounding board" for multiple ideas, resources, and information ... it tends to, initially, collect postings about most every aspect of what's on the minds of the members. Sometimes it's necessary to move a post to a more befitting forum. But, it would be impossible to have the number of different forums, it would take, to post specific information on single topics. And, as far as ads & links in a members signature, that's out of the hands of Moderators. Anyone having a problem with them, is invited to discuss that with the Administrator.