Last night all my daughter wanted to do was grasshopper hunt. I let her fill a small container.

Hit Coffey County this morning. On the water at 730. Daughter decided she would rather go to church instead of fishing. Initially located fish on electronics straight south off the south baffle dike in 40 ft of water. Using a jigging spoon caught 2 small channel cat and a tiny white bass.

Decided to throw grasshoppers under a bobber on an ultralight for panfish. Holy cow smallmouth like grasshoppers. Caught around 20 most between 15-18 inches. Those smallies were all over the hoppers. It was ridiculous until I ran out of hoppers.

Shifted to dipping trees for crappie. Pulled up to the first tree in 17 fow and dropped down an 1/8 oz jig head with a 2" chartreuse twister tail. Immediately a fish on. I rubbed me on a branch and the damn ebra mussels cut my line. Retied and dropped down. 2 more bites but missed them both. Moved to the next tree. Dropped down and nothing. As I am bring the jig back up a 22.5" wiper smashed it right as it hits the surface. Got it boated and dropped back down. Missed another crappie. Then I went to my favorite tree on the north end in 13 fow. Drop the jig down and immediately a fish on. Boated a 12.5" crappie. Unhook release it and on the drop hook up again. 13.5" crappie. Those were the only ones I caught. Wind kinda died, it got hot, and I called it a day. Great day of fishing by any standards.