Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New AVG problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default New AVG problems

I downloaded the new AVG virus cleaning program.
    It seems to take the cookie that Crappie.com puts on the computer as a threat, because everytime it scans I have to re-login.

Is there a way around this?
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I clean out the cookies on my computer I have to relog on. If you can find out how to get around this I would love to know how to do that.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

whenever you use avg it should let you select what you want to remove uncheck the cookies for crappie.com and problem solved. if not using avg or anyother virus scan and you're using the internet tools to remove cookies well it's gonna take them all but it you go to c drive documents and settings admin and then cookies you can select the individual cookies to delete.. pretty easy but it usually fast just to re login. hope this helps.

keep on fishin
    fighting for this country(it can't always be someone ELSE'S SON)
    keep on fishin

Post Thanks / Like

AVG does not delete all cookies, only those it sees as a threat (spyware, adware etc), Bass Pro Shops cookies stays on and Crappie.com gets squashed (go figure). I'll email AVG (if possible) and question if there is a way to select cookies you want to keep.
    If I find a way, I'll post it.
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    AVG does not delete all cookies, only those it sees as a threat (spyware, adware etc), Bass Pro Shops cookies stays on and Crappie.com gets squashed (go figure). I'll email AVG (if possible) and question if there is a way to select cookies you want to keep.
    If I find a way, I'll post it.
    You can go into tools in explorer then INTERNET options. Then set what sites you won't to save the cookies on. That is what I do.
    And Never have any problems with. AVG.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using firefox, its set to accept cookies (any site), I don't see and option that allows you to keep a cookie. I think AVG would have to not consider it a threat.
    It also views the Fly Tying forum as a threat.

With the Free version of AVG it was now problem, but when I purchase the new version it started killing cookies.
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Default avg...

I use avg and firefox and have no problems unless i clear the cookies. Up on your browser in firefox select tools and then go to "clear private data" or "options" and see how everything is set up. I am sure you can "check" the appropiate box to avoid the hassle...

good luck

drifter

i also use the free edition and have to go back and reload it after about a year of use...still working fine...
    Last edited by drifter106; 12-03-2006 at 11:58 PM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

I had no problems when I was using the free edition either, however I got a notice that very shortly they would be discontinuing the free edition. So I wanted to try the new on out and I bought it.
    It has several advantages, for one it notifies you if a program tries to go online to update itself, or whatever.
    Roy