Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate or just didn't think? Not real happy with this guy.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inconsiderate or just didn't think? Not real happy with this guy.

My wife and I were out this afternoon trolling some Ky Lake ledges with cranks. We had 8 rods out with 4 of them off the back of the boat. I saw a boat coming toward us and it didn't change course to go around us. I told my wife it must be somebody who knows me but I didn't recognize the couple or the boat. I said if it's somebody who knows me, I hope they come along side of us rather than their current course. They didn't !

The guy ran his boat up directly behind us and I yelled at him to watch out for my lines since a couple of them had baits 100 feet out behind us. The guy then asked "What are you fishing for?" I told him to get away from the back of my boat before he tangled up my gear. He got to within 20 yards of the back of the boat before he must have finally noticed the lines trailing out behind.

I told him we were trolling for crappie and I didn't appreciate him getting that close to my lines. He asked if we were catching any and I told him a few. I guess by now he finally realized I wasn't real happy with him being that close to my lines when there was 1/4 mile of water on one side and 1/2 mile+ on the other before he got to the shore. He then took off and headed for parts unknown.

My wife hasn't fished with me trolling but just a few times. She asked me what the heck that guy thought he was doing? She wasn't real happy either but she was more concerned that I was about to go postal on the guy if he had run into my gear.

What the heck is wrong with people? I would have never run up on somebody like that, most certainly somebody I didn't know. I'm glad it ended like it did but for a while it didn't look good.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

More and more find idiots like his, these folks are so centered on themselves that they don't care what they do to others as long as they get their way. now if you did that to him and got within 100 feet he would be jumping 50 feet in air and calling police or DNR or probably firing a pistol towards you, I think(my own opinion) many are too much breeding of folks from same tree..
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i had a CO do that to me one time. i told him he mite see more if he didnt have those sun glasses on. shoulda raised my rods and gave him the lines.

Post Thanks / Like

It happens, I was trolling for pike and walleyes a long while ago during duck season on houghton lake. A great deal of those duck hunters were practically running me over to get out to hunt. Even had one run across my lines and cut 'em. He most likely ended up with my lures too, joke was on them with my reels wound up with 30# spider wire. The best courtesy is to leave talking on the docks. Or like was mentioned earlier, come along side and talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a perfect description of a "Potlicker". Wants to know where the fish are and if that means ruining your day so be it. I hate potlickers with a passion. No regards for others what so ever.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not a fisherperson LOL RR

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I would guess that the guy has heard about one of the best crankbait guys for crappie in the south and wanted to see it up close and personal!!!!LoL My only question is did them latches on those overhalls snap when he got that close? Have a better day good buddy. Keep in touch.
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was catfishing last week. We were pulling baits on a lake when a ski boat pulling a tube came about 30 yards from us, cut in front of us and then did a complete circle around us. All I could do was shake my head and thank The Lord I wasn't 40 years younger.

Post Thanks / Like

Be glad you don't fish pleasure boater heaven like I do called lake lanier! Jet skiers are the worst! They love to jump their own wakes, sucks that they like to circle your boat to make them. By 10:30 the lake is like the Audubon!
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiceRocket View Post
    Maybe not a fisherperson LOL RR
    It was a new, fancy aluminum bass boat type. It was very dark colored and he kept the nose of it pointed at my boat until he thought better of it and left. I was not able to see his registration numbers since they blended in with his dark paint. Once he opened his mouth to speak, I could tell he didn't grow up in western KY.

I'm truly glad all ended like it did but I don't keep a concealed-carry license for no reason. Hope I never have to use it.

BTW, I used to fish Lanier a lot and I don't envy anybody who has to on a regular basis. At least KY Lake is big enough to scatter the morons a little.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast