HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ship take a look at this about your floating Plastic skirts.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ship take a look at this about your floating Plastic skirts.

i come up with this ideal and I put in a few pictures here for you to look at I will be sending you a few in the mail make sure that you superglue everything in place the sample one I made up is not so you may want to pull the Styrofoam ball of an superglue everything in place everything floats the plastic and also the Styrofoam do a wonderful job and you will see that it's upright in the water.

Name:  DSC_0008.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  60.5 KBName:  DSC_0012.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  55.8 KBName:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  75.8 KB

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It is very similar to a floating jighead concept Bob.

I am trying to get the look of just the tube floating without a jighead. I may try and stuff the styroofoam inside of the tube or something.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    It is very similar to a floating jighead concept Bob.

I am trying to get the look of just the tube floating without a jighead. I may try and stuff the styroofoam inside of the tube or something.
    Mike the plastic skirts do float anyway I will be sending those to you so you can mess with them. the skirts are solid head that's why they're able to float.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ship get some of the floating styrofoam noodles they use at swimming pools - you can usually find them at Walmart and dollar stores a single one will make A LOT -

Swimming Pool Noodle Foam from Sears.com

Get a hollow core drill bit and make a bunch of them up in small sizes to fit in the tubes - as you can see in the chart they have them down to 1mm. Longer the piece the better they should float.
    Diamond Hollow Core Drills | Jewelry Making Supplies - Drills / Drill Bits

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of a hollow core drill bit but i will be looking into the concept

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I have always used to float a tube jig....Lindy® Rig Floats | Bass Pro Shops Also Betts makes a float called a Carolina floater that could be used pushed up inside the tube jig.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ship.....that hollow core drill bit is actually a plug cutter that cuts different sizes of plugs of whatever you drill with it. The plug will be the drill size...ie 3mm is the plugs diameter when cut [drilled].

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Or you can sharpen a piece of copper(or whatever) tubing to use as a punch. You can sharpen it easy on a sander.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Man oh man I have a bunch of new ideas to try and tinker with. I love the creativity on this forum. Skeet my friend, please make me one. Shoot me a PM if this is possible. I want to plug 1.5" to 2.0" tubes so they float on their own and support a #4 or #2 hook. I just think the profile of just the tube without any jig head on it would be totally awesome. The drawing below is my concept idea.

Now, I know all of you are so much more experienced in soft plastics than it...but if companies and individuals make floating worms that can lift up a hook, why can't a tube bait lift up a hook? Bob, some of your solid head tubes will float, but the moment I thread a hook through them they sink. I have been testing ideas in a 55 gallon aquarium but have had no success yet.

David I will look into that Lindy Rig Float idea. Is it a soft foam insert or hard body insert?

Name:  Concept idea.jpg
Views: 6200
Size:  29.1 KB

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    Ship.....that hollow core drill bit is actually a plug cutter that cuts different sizes of plugs of whatever you drill with it. The plug will be the drill size...ie 3mm is the plugs diameter when cut [drilled].
    You can get the plug cutters at Harbor Freight
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast