Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain at night?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain at night?

Morning gang! Just curious if anyone fishs for crappie at night on Twain?

Post Thanks / Like

I have done it twice. I doubt if I go a third time. We had a hard time getting bait under us. Had to get up there too early to get minnows so sat around quite a while til it got dark.
    I think water clarity is the big issue. Only caught a handful of keepers. Actually caught more waiting for it to get dark, and that was not a lot. Actually the best night fishing we had was below the dam when you could put a boat in there. I have heard it is not allowed anymore??? That was 10 years ago however.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish nights but I do get on the water at 400 or 430 and beat the warriors
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

I fished twain at night one time. we tied up to a bridge pier under 107. never caught a fish and got yelled at by water patrol because apparently it's against the law to tie up to a bridge?? not sure if that's true or maybe just his reason to come see what we were up to. but he just warned us and we were ready to pack it up, anyways. some day I'll try again.

Post Thanks / Like

I must of had the same water patrol guy at Mark Twain, I had the family out and the water patrol pulled me over because he said he couldn't read my boat numbers with his binocular because they were in red and blue colors. He said that he was just giving me a warning and if i showed up next week without changing them he would write me up a ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Night fished Twain one time....... it was in '08 when the lake was at or near 628' I think? Tied up in the middle of a big willow thicket that had 8-10' of water on it and my goodness was it ON! Dropped the light and jigged the edges after the bait showed up, what a time. Haven't done it since then but as mentioned above as well, we are usually on the water by first light and/or about an hour before sunset in the summer for pulling cranks.

U

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for your help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    I must of had the same water patrol guy at Mark Twain, I had the family out and the water patrol pulled me over because he said he couldn't read my boat numbers with his binocular because they were in red and blue colors. He said that he was just giving me a warning and if i showed up next week without changing them he would write me up a ticket.
    How is it your fault he cant see?

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA