Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Southern Hospitality

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern Hospitality

You'll have to forgive me for the delay in posting but I think I've finally recovered from my 40 hours of no sleep.....

The pictures have been posted already but I just wanted to make it a point to tell any of you boys who haven't had the pleasure to fish with, talk to and/or share a beverage with Speck and Yikess, you've GOT to put it on your list. These gentlemen are true examples of southern hospitality, humble and easygoing but some of the best damn fishermen we've ever had the pleasure of sharing a boat with.

In one (hyphenated) word: Nonstop-slabhammerin-awesomeness!

Rolled in @ 2:30 A.M. on the dot after a stop in STL, cruised the Sardis Lake area, couldn't sleep so I wandered the parking lot, walked by the water and just tried to pull the sun up with all the energy I had............ on the water at daybreak and in the fish almost immediately. (For the record, I may have found my calling as a net-man!) Honestly, I never thought throwing 11" & 12" fish back would be so easy! Yikess and pops finished up just a tad after us and we headed back to the campground for some R & R and then hit a joint in Sardis that is a top-shelf eatery. You know you're in good company when you can fish all day together and still have an enjoyable dinner while not getting tired of each other.

Sunday, different lake, similar results! Called it quits @ noon and the Yankees headed back north...... 7.5 hours from door to door and really not a bad drive at all.

All in all, I wouldn't change a thing...... got to meet top-knotch people (Speck, Yikess, BigRiverMarine, Torch.... talked to Creekslick) and even caught a few of their fish (don't worry Rees Guide, we're back up north).

We'll be doing it again, assuming the invitation stands.

U
    Likes south point, Speck, Jerkey Log LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a good time, my kinda Yanks, yall went home!!!! In all seriousness you fished with a couple of great guys, I consider both friends. yall come back now ya here!!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I consider both friends.
    I wish I could say they felt the same!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    I wish I could say they felt the same!!!!!!!!
    No more Lakeway Minners for them!!!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope y'all come back down when the time is right so we can go HAWG hunting. Seriously, come on anytime you want. We can usually find a few. See ya at Twain.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I consider both friends. yall come back now ya here!!!!!!
    Right back at you Bro!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all had a great trip. Enjoyed your report. Thanks.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew that would be a great trip getting to hang out and fish with Chris. If I had time to make it down there to fish we would have had a bidding war. Then you got to meet and fish with his partner in fish crime to. I have only met Stan a couple times but its easy to say that you would look a long time to find two nicer guys than Chris and Stan. Plus the boys can catch fish. Lots of time on the road down and back and a lack of sleep. But sounds like the fishing was worth it and I know the company could not be beat.