Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got to wet a line Saturday afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got to wet a line Saturday afternoon

It had been a month since the last time. Sometimes life takes a priority to fishing. Mo River is UP. Fished some back water and creek mouth. A couple of bites but that was it. The boat did catch a fish. Stupid carp.

Post Thanks / Like

at least you got out, Perch! But,you haven't been missing much. been tough out on the river lately. local limb-liners did well while the river was on the rise, but that has pretty well shut down now that the river is falling again. blues and channels are spawning now and flatheads are probably searching for spawning cover. the spawn makes for tough fishing, gonna be slow for a few more weeks... if you do get out again, be sure to fish under a mulberry tree. that's where the bait is hanging out.

Post Thanks / Like

Do ya carry a ball bat to repel those flying fish, Perch?
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No they land where ever. Lol. Vacation in 2 weeks so,hoping river settles back down. Will try Osage too. But they have been lettin water out of lakes making it go up and down. Like it when it is low and gravel bars out.

Post Thanks / Like

hope the river stabilizes for ya. it sucks when vacation comes around, all you want to do is fish but mother nature makes it difficult. never fails, I'm on vacation this week and the river has been a mess. supposed to stabilize later in the week but I can't make it then...
    friday night was fun, though (other than all the trees to dodge). we didn't land many, we caught 2 nice channel cats, dark colored and swelled up in the face from spawning. a 7-ish lb blue and a 12lb flattie. But, my buddy had 2 good-uns hooked but they got away. lol it was great seeing him fight the first one, by far the biggest fish he has ever hooked and it was ripping drag until it tangled into a trot line and got away. the second fish bit hard then played with it for a while, so my buddy picks up the pole to feel for a good bite. well the fish slowly started to swim off and he sets the hook but the fish made a fast hard run at the same time. it stopped my buddy's (sissy-like) hook set like he snagged had a tow truck! ripped drag a couple times and then it was gone.. I told him that those are the kind of bites that haunt a person until they die! he asked how big I thought it was and I told him as big as he wanted them to be! Lol!
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get on to some good luck and it beats work.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. We have had a few of them bites. I had one on for an hour before it got off. Hooked it behind one dike and couldn't do,anything with it. Pulled up anchors and floated around following fish that wouldn't cooperate. Followed it down to the front of the next dike were it laid down at the outside corner. Couldn't get it to move. I would pull on line and could feel fish moving its head side to side on the line. It finally wore the line into with its rough teeth. The line was all frayed when I reeled it in. It bit on a piece of night crawler. All you can think about is what could have been. Lol
    Likes south point LIKED above post