Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face lift

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Face lift

No not for me, probably wouldn't help, but for the house that is almost as old as I. We bought it around 10 years ago and really haven't done much to it. Now is time to get some work done and the first of many project planned. I started with putting handrail on steps and around the porch. I copied the rails that I saw at Home Depot but made them myself as they didn't have the sizes I needed. Before I did that I had to jack up that corner of the house and replace a sill and some floor joist that had begun to rot making the porch a little weak. Now that that's done I will do a complete repaint of the house. The color will be grey like the sample behind the mailbox on the wall. The trim will be white like the rails. The porch floor and the steps will be coated with that new stuff they make for decks to eliminate splinters and will probably be a wood color of brown. After that I need to do some landscaping to bring out the best of the house. That should keep me busy almost all summer so probably not too many fishing trip until it's finished.
    "gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes Tracker123, shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Gene........
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Porch looks great Gene! Reminds me a lot of my grandmother's house, as she had similar siding and windows. I'm sure it'll look great when you're finished too!

Please don't over do it in the heat though. As the summer gets hotter, better to start early and quit early. We lost someone to the heat a few years ago..nothing to play with.
    Scott

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Your doing a good job....its gonna really look good when you get through
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Looks and sounds like a lotta work PPG

But maybe when your done Miss PPG will give you a high five

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Gene! Love the work, and the looks. I hear you about staying busy. A fern would look excellent in the corner between the steps and porch for landscaping. Thanks so much for posting
    Randy Andres

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments fellas, it has been a will be a lot more work but the Missus has let me slide for a while now because she likes to fish more than I. Scott you're right about it being hot and I am taking my time with lots of breaks. I don't plan to over do it. It's waited this long, it can wait a little longer to get complete.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

looking good PPG
    "So many places to fish so little time to fish them!"

Post Thanks / Like

Are you thinking about changing the siding or just painting it?
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Gene, I can tell go guys spend time on that front porch with the swing and everything. A small ceiling fan on the ceiling would be cool. Please keep us posted, love projects like that. Thanks.
    Randy Andres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast