PDA

View Full Version : The Color Black

Crestliner08
06-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Recently saw a TV program featuring crappie fishing and the use of white and black (mostly) 2" tubes. They did not specify the manufacturer. They were fishing deep, vertically jigging these tubes. Catches were quite impressive. I've never used the color black for any of my panfish plastics. Just wondering if you folks use them and your thoughts as to the effectiveness.

Also...where do you find 2" black tubes? Thanks folks. :)

Rees Guide
06-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Arkie has them in the pro models, here's the link.
http://www.arkiejigs.com/product-p/prt.htm

eagle 1
06-09-2014, 12:10 PM
I USE A GOOD DEAL AS A COMBINATION COLOR FOR CRAPPIE SUCH AS BLACK/CHARTRUCE, BLACK / ORANGE, ECT . When bream fishing a one inch black slider grub on a 1/32 spinner is a must .

MO' MONEY
06-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Black seems to work very well at times, I use a lot in the same combos eagle 1 mentioned

M R Dux
06-09-2014, 01:05 PM
http://www.southernpro.com/HG.cfm

Check out HG28 Halloween. Awesome fall color here.

Locator79
06-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Black works really well for me when fish move deep, even a better color for bluegill and redear!

ifish
06-09-2014, 02:46 PM
I talked to Doyle at MidSouth Tubes and he told me the number one seller of all time is chart/black.

callshy
06-09-2014, 03:23 PM
I use black often in jigs and cranks.

brush pile
06-09-2014, 07:58 PM
I never go to the lake without black/chart and black/blue

FlaBoy
06-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Alot of the ponds that I fish are pretty stained, so I use Black/Chart on a regular basis, has always produced for me.

old reeler
06-10-2014, 03:58 AM
a number of years ago we fished the weed beds in Canada drifting with marabou jigs under a stick bobber- #1 color - black/white- at times we would wrap electrician's tape around the body behind the jig head & the crappie loved it- won't leave home without my black/chart stingers nowadays

shipahoy41
06-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Recently saw a TV program featuring crappie fishing and the use of white and black (mostly) 2" tubes. They did not specify the manufacturer. They were fishing deep, vertically jigging these tubes. Catches were quite impressive. I've never used the color black for any of my panfish plastics. Just wondering if you folks use them and your thoughts as to the effectiveness.

Also...where do you find 2" black tubes? Thanks folks. :)

Shoot a PM to Snake River in the DIY Plastics forum. He will fix you up. Myself I prefer the black and chartreuse combinations.

Crestliner08
06-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I use black/chart. a lot, but I've never used all black with tubes. Going to have to try to find some! :)

Smoltz
06-10-2014, 08:18 AM
I did good but of research on this a while ago.
Look it up and you will find the same info I did I'm sure.
But. Black has the best contrast. Even at night. It silhouette the best. Why it is recomended for fishin at night. ESP surface fishing. There a bunch of neat info on it. It throws ya for a loop because you would think black is harder to see.

Quackrstackr
06-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Stands to reason that when fish look up (and crappie feed up), that's the lightest background they're ever going to see so black would stand out against it the best... even at night.

I'd like to take a whole tackle box full of colors to the ocean and dive down at depth to see the color change. I've been watching a new tv show with guys commercial spearfishing. When they shoot those fish on the bottom, they're nowhere near the same color as they appear when they come to the surface. The red fish range from a dark gray to black when down several feet. Seems like all these "bleeding baits" had just as well have black or gray on them instead of red if fish perceive color the same way humans do.

Smoltz
06-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes. On color chart I found red is one of the first colors to disappear. Green blue n purple held there color the deepest.

snake River
06-10-2014, 07:22 PM
we make skirts only an inch and a half and we can make them solid black. send me a private message if you are interested.

snake River
06-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Shoot a PM to Snake River in the DIY Plastics forum. He will fix you up. Myself I prefer the black and chartreuse combinations.

thank you Mike we make skirts only an inch and a half that we can do any combination of colors.

GoTennTitans
06-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Bobby Garland 2" baby shad in solid "black knight" color is one of my favorites. Been using them for years now. GTT

BuckeyeKdog
06-11-2014, 10:09 AM
I always have a handful of black heads and grubs dark water they work well, full moon at night they are incredible performers.

NIMROD
06-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Black and Chartruse is good but don't over look glow colors in the 2.5'' Caps and Coleman tubes by Southern Pro. Deep , dingy water , or low light I believe the glow baits will help.

bee
06-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Black with Silver flake.