Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hillsdale Weekend Camping with the kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillsdale Weekend Camping with the kids

Well, I have the family truckster packed up and boat trailer waiting for me when I get off work to head out with the wife and kiddos to Hillsdale to do a little camping and fishing this weekend. Have any of you been out there lately? Having any luck in any general areas or situations? Anyone going to be around there at all this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

haven't been out on HD much at all this spring. Fished Clinton instead. But last year about this time, we had some pretty good success at HD dipping minnows next to the standing timber along the creek channels. Had to let the fish tell you what was the best depth each day. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

No one going to help this gentlemen out. I would but do not fish HD, helping is what this site is all about. IMHO
    Likes kingfish387, springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Have not been there this year, wish I could help.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres still some fish being caught off the rocks in shallow. Id be looking in 12 to 18fow. Check the brushpiles by the ramp, north main point dropoff, out around the bridge and then area by both water takeouts. We been getting spotty showers this week. Not really any inflow but I still like the bridge if its tough. Fished HD 2 days ago, made a pass on the damn late dusk, and the Whites weren't there. Been catching the eyes in 15 to 23, 18 to 23 being the best, better fish coming deeper lot of shorts for me this year, buddies been catching large singles while crappie fishing in 18 to 25, dock and tree lines next to shore.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished it yesterday from sunrise till about 11:30am. I found them around trees by the channel near crappie cove. They were in 7-15 feet of water. I had no luck with jigs, only minnows. Fishing was slow. I trolled the dam with crankbaits and only caught one white bass.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Post Thanks / Like

what duckUSA said have not fished hd this year only fihed for eyes it was just like last spring short,short and shorter good luck