Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Convection oven

Post Thanks / Like

Default Convection oven

Saw on spike-its site or on You tube where they were using a convection oven to hold plastic at temp until they needed it. Anybody got any opinions on this? I thought it was pretty neat. I have a hot plate but it won't hold the temp of the plastic. It slowly falls.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never used a oven to keep my plastic warm I've only use a microwave and if I was I would use Prestel pots with the heat control.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

They heated in the microwave and then set the convection oven at 340 to just hold the plastic at temp in pyrex cups until he was ready for it. That might be a good alternative to presto pots for doing smaller amounts if it will hold the temps for doing laminates or just demolding and getting the molds ready for another shot. Keep from having to reheat so much. Plastic will always be ready until all used up or Your ready to quit for the day. Just My thinking. Another thing, I don't know how the dang ovens even work??? CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    They heated in the microwave and then set the convection oven at 340 to just hold the plastic at temp in pyrex cups until he was ready for it. That might be a good alternative to presto pots for doing smaller amounts if it will hold the temps for doing laminates or just demolding and getting the molds ready for another shot. Keep from having to reheat so much. Plastic will always be ready until all used up or Your ready to quit for the day. Just My thinking. Another thing, I don't know how the dang ovens even work??? CF
    I used the pots for large batches of plastic I have a electric stirrer on each one the control holds a good temperature at 335 or 350 and keeps it perfect I bought my pots from bears.

www.bobsjigs.com

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think a toaster oven would do also. Just get a good thermometer and check the setting cause most are off. Convection oven does same thing but has a small fan that circulates hot air around for more even baking.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979