Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 5-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5-20

Went out around near W bridge walking the bank. Was there only for about 2 hours and caught probably 20 total, out of which 9 were keepers so not a bad ratio there. I did however manage to pull in the biggest crappie that I have caught this season, sorry dont have pic but it was 13 inches, and a little over 2 pounds. Thought for sure I was going to break line lol. I was using 1/16 pony with a red tip, yellow body, white tail jig. Caught most of them about a foot or two off the bank maybe a foot or any deeper was the key. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch !
    Likes fishinluke LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was up there scraped out 10 really tough,hard to find, only caught 3 females on the bank oozing rest were 4-8 by stickups dropping jig down and holding it still. Its been really tough for me this year just wondering wondering if its just me or is everybody else is having the same trouble ?

Post Thanks / Like

I have had really good luck this year, even the days when people were getting skunked I was coming home with plenty. I have been on the bank and jiggin so that may be the differnece, the few boats i have seen in the coves with me i have been out fishing and also pulling up keepers right where they have been with a boat and had left. I have also been reeling a lot slower than usual so that could help.
    Likes catkilr LIKED above post