Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the real #2 please stand up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will the real #2 please stand up

What a day in college football - nobody wanted to make a real charge for #2
    my boys (WFU Deacons) could not get it done against VPI - from what I have seen I think Michigan deserves a rematch - I think if Arkansas can beat LSU and Florida in the SEC Championship maybe gets a chance - but Florida playing the Catamounts of Western Carolina - whew what a tough AA opponent - USC still in the hunt - just don't think the Irish will have enough support unless they crush USC - and poor Rutgers really do not have a chance now it would have beentough for them to get the chance if they had went undefeated
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well the polls are out BCS says Michigan - coaches say USC and Ap says Michigan for #2
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

college needs a playoff, or something. Because, honestly who knows who #2 is. I think the BCS is a bad way to crown a champ.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    What a day in college football - nobody wanted to make a real charge for #2
    my boys (WFU Deacons) could not get it done against VPI - from what I have seen I think Michigan deserves a rematch - I think if Arkansas can beat LSU and Florida in the SEC Championship maybe gets a chance - but Florida playing the Catamounts of Western Carolina - whew what a tough AA opponent - USC still in the hunt - just don't think the Irish will have enough support unless they crush USC - and poor Rutgers really do not have a chance now it would have beentough for them to get the chance if they had went undefeated
    I dont like either one, so I'm not taking sides, but if Michigan hadnt committed the roughing the passer penalty, then they would have won the ballgame. I'm not much for rematches, but I think it would be a good one. I say this, let Arkansas have a rematch with USC in which who they lost the first game of the season to and let Michigan and Ohio State play a rematch and then the winners of the rematch play each other for the title. I think the Razorbacks would beat USC in a rematch. If West Virginias defense was a little better, nobody would come close to beating them, not Ohio State or Michigan. Those guys can score through the air or on the ground at any time.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Boise State? They're still undefeated. ;-)

I want USC to win out. I doubt there will be a rematch between us and MI, but anything is possible. If USC falls, it looks like the Gators have a shot. I predict that Michigan will get the beat the crap out of Notre Dame again in one of the lesser bowls.

Friday's game is the one I'm gearing up for now - Horns and the Aggies. It's a big deal in our house and I'm hoping the Aggies dig deep to beat the Horns. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    well the polls are out BCS says Michigan - coaches say USC and Ap says Michigan for #2

That's a shame too, because Michigan played a close game w/ the #1 team in the country. USC lost to an unranked Oregon State team. Hopefully, the Irish will whoop up on the Trojans, and all of this will be a moot point.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Colege football is a joke, but unfortunately its on the viewers and players. The BCS is nothing but BS. I would love it if the talk I have been hearing about the upper level conferences leaving the NCAA would come about. At least we would get a playoff and a true champion, which are two things that have never taken place in the history of colege football.

Without a playoff we will always have to watch teams from pitiful conferences play on a national stage for mock titles like last year when Texas from the big 2 gets to play USC from the pac 11 plus 1 real team. Put Boise State, Rutgers, Arkansas, Florida and some other one and two loss teams against some of those big dogs and count on some upsets. Until the system changes we get to watch rematches and mismatches in our BS championships while NCAA executives laugh all the way to the bank.

As far as I am concerned as soon as the conference schedule is over so is the season because the NCAA does not allow nor recognize any champ after that.

Go Hogs Go

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares----GOOOOOOOOO AGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSS
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

For so many years this bowl thing has been a mess (money, money, money). Need a playoff system (like the NCAA does with everything else) and then you can determine who the real winner is. Heck, use your bowls, but incorporate the playoffs into them and maybe add another game at the end for the championship. Just my opinion.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my " Ohio State Sucks " t-shirt off E-bay for $ 12.00. Cool! GO IRISH!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast