Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sold my Tracker...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sold my Tracker...

Sold the bass boat and trailer today...

Paid for the Ride 115, Yak trailer, Curt trailer hitch with some left over for mods.

Getting my garage back. I will now have a place to put the trailer together inside outta the weather and a place to park it with the Yak on board, and a place to to work on the Yak.

Bye bye taxes on a boat that's been sitting unused.

Now I just need to get my dads old 14 Ft. Jon out from under the carport, and I can get the balloon trailer out of the driveway.

Any wisdom or advice to leaving the Ride on the trailer as opposed to flipping and hanging it?
    Last edited by Chasing Ghosts; 05-08-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read several times that a yak should be stored on its side, as the sides are the stronger/thickest part of the hull and this will prevent bowing or caving in. How is up to the owner, but either J hooks, or however. I use a rachet type hoist system with 2" wide web belts that have not done any damage to my Ride 115 in this position hanging over my truck for 18 mos. I tried J hooks on the wall, but it was a pain to me, and took up too much room in the garage IMO, so I use the hoist system and it hangs from the ceiling and over my truck.

Could you install J hooks on the trailer, and then just store and transport in that way ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine hangs on the pulley system too with wide straps fore and aft. J hooks on a trailer would work too. And by the way, congrats on the kayak. A lot less to upkeep
    and will be easier to get on the water while others are waiting in line at the ramp.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RR

Had the kayak a while now.. They are just killing me at work... Worked 15 of the last 16 Saturdays. Sundays spent taking care of catching up on house/yard work. I average 12-16 hour days.

Just consider the boat sale as recouping the money.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the Ride, you are going to enjoy it!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Ghosts View Post

Any wisdom or advice to leaving the Ride on the trailer as opposed to flipping and hanging it?
    I have two Native yaks on a Malone trailer sitting on Yakima LandShark saddles. So far I see no reason to be concerned.

Danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses