Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Prairie Lee 5-3, 5-4 and 5-5

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prairie Lee 5-3, 5-4 and 5-5

First my Smithville report for 5-3 Corporate Challenge - up at 3:45 AM for a 6 AM start, caught one crappie 11" long. Terrible day for fishing. Sad enough it was good for 4th place in Division B. I would call it a successful failure. So I got back to Waldo by 2 PM, and decided to try to write Smithville off the books and I headed over to Prairie Lee. On the water by 3:30 PM, had my limit by 7:30 PM. It was on. All fish were over 9" with some over 11". Using BG slab slayer casting to bank, fish staging in 5-10 fow. Sunday I decided to try my luck at PL again, hit the water by 4 PM, and by 7 PM I had my limit. Same story as Saturday, BG casting to bank, some fish right on the bank, others out to 10 fow. However Sunday I also had help from my girlfriend and her 12 year old daughter, I had them bobber fishing with minnows about 3' down in 5 fow, and they were having enough action to stay interested for nearly 2 hrs before they decided to hit the road. I bet they caught a dozen between them, missed a dozen more, both said it was fun so that made my day! Today I said what the heck, let's go for three limits in 3 days.....no such luck but today I fished from 2:30-6:30 and caught 8 good ones. Fish were way scattered today, some fish I caught in 25 fow, some 10 fow, none on the bank. Wondered what I did so right the past two days! Of all the fish I cleaned in the last 3 days, there was 1 female in each batch, with tight eggs. Where are all the females at PL??? Here's a pick of my haul after Sunday night's limit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Those look great!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a very good report and congrats on the catches.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job, Bernie! You must be livin' right to go fishing three days in a row!

Sorry about Corporate Challenge, though. Sounds like a lot of teams struggled.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report.

My wife and I use to hit Prairie Lee pretty hard 2000-2006. We had our best luck fishing minnows under slip cork on a painted red or chartruese jig hook. Prairie Lee is one of those lakes that always seemed to turn on in the last 2 hrs of daylight. We used to fish suspended crappie at the dam a lot in the summer, but the big boats can make it rough on that little lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I should have stuck around later on Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

When they are transitioning between patterns, it's hard to get on numbers of fish anywhere.

Anyone who can get on Truman this week should make or change their plans. Since Friday it's been GOOD!