Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local KC / Jackson County Lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local KC / Jackson County Lakes

any reports from Jacoma, Prairie Lee or James Reed?

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that James A was going nice a week ago or so, not sure what its currently like. Up until last Friday Jacomo wasn't doing a lot, I think the spawn is supposed to be any day now though. Like I said though just what I've heard others say. I've fished jacomo AM & PM so far, only 1-2 this year caught for me. I went to James A reed Friday morning and no one was catching anything. But we did have all that rain Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished the handicap dock at blue springs and caight some dinks here and there. Others say they have been catching but later at night.

Went to the discharge into jacomo earlier this week and caught a decent 3 plus pound large mouth. Took a picture. Was about to throw it back but a guy and his little 3 year old kid wanted it so I gave it to them.
    Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie have backed off the banks at Reed Area today. another warmup will get them going everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

which lakes are best at James Reed? I have never fished there,
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Bluestem, Gopher, Nell are the most fishable in the spring

Post Thanks / Like

The only one you can really fish is Nell Lake and Bluestem, Jrp. Most lakes/ponds at James A fill up with moss really quick. Try walking along the bank and don't stay in one spot too long. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

What is also cool about James A Reed, is that if you don't like what is happening on the lake that you are fishing, you can be at another one of the lakes in 2 minutes. Just walk around a bit and try them, don't get tied to just one of the lakes.

Some are very clear and have much different aquatic vegitation than others. Some ponds have more color, and are more typical farm pond type of water.

Wife and I did pretty good out there this spring by lake hopping. A few here, a few there, and switch lakes.

Also, most of the crappie are going to be 8-9.5". There is no length limit, and a 30 fish limmit on crappie. There are some big crappie caught in the winter around Feb, but in general you are fishing for overpopulated black crappie. 1/64-1/32nd oz, 1"-1.5" jigs work best for catching numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all replies!
    Thats what makes this a great site.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to prairie lee yesterday. Nothing biting. Caught 2 bluegills. Didn't see anyone else doing very good either. But the weather was beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast