Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone here fishing Bull Shoals?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone here fishing Bull Shoals?

Went fishing for the first time this year yesterday on Bull Shoals @ Theodosia. Didn't catch a thing and didn't see but one small mouth that had been caught. North wind and cold front the day before I guess was the culprit....or else I don't remember how to fish.

Anyone here fish Bull Shoals? If so, have the crappie been biting? If so, what on? I know the whites have been hitting up the creeks on beaver creek and haskins ford as the guys coming into my bait store have been telling me. But, I don't know what if anything the crappie have been doing and I'd much rather catch 1 crappie as 10 white bass.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Coming down to Bull shoals in a little over 2 weeks. Never fished it before. Where is your Bait shop?

Post Thanks / Like

About an hour and a half from Bull Shoals Lake. Little due on hwy 60 east of Springfield, MO. called Mountain Grove. 95 Hwy exit and I'm right next to Pizza Hut. Craig's Outdoor Sports.

Good Luck when you get down to Bull. What part are you going on? I'm hoping to get back down soon. Weather next week don't look very good.

Later

Post Thanks / Like

You ain't kidding about the weather. We went to loZ 2 weeks ago and nailed them. Went yesterday a day after thunderstorms , and it was awful. Bluebird sky's drove them down and shut the bite off for us about 9-9:30. Was thinking about going next week wednesday, but if they don't change the forecast I think we will stay home and get ready for the trip to Bull shoals. We will be fishing the area below powersite. Any info you may have that you would be willing to share about that part of the lake would be greatly appreciated. How far out of Spingfield are you? If you are close enough I will talk to the guys going with me and see if they want to make a detour on the way to the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about an hour east or Springfield, in a very little bait shop right along hwy 60. It would be about an hour out of your way just to get to me. Unfortunately, I'm a ways off from the lake. Wish I was right on it so I could fish more. Oh well.

The white bass should still be biting when you get there.....I hope. It's been a weird spring for the spawn this year with only a handful of guys reporting getting their limits. Most have only been catching a few. Hopefully after this next little cold spell the weather will get better and it won't be too late.

Swimming minnow work well and 3" sliders. I've been selling a lot of swimming minnow in anything with purple in it this year. Also lots of the pearl sliders and pearl with chart tail sliders in the 3".

Not sure what the crappie are doing in that area. Haven't had too many guys fishing down there this year for some reason. But, it is @ 1 1/2 hours and most of the guys in my area will drive on to Oklahoma to fish for white bass if they are going that far.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

We bass fished Thursday, it's clear on the lower end which it usually is. Don't forget the smallmouth if it doesn't work out for other species, Bull Shoals has become a dependable and quality smallmouth fishery, one of the best around. And it's normal to pick up a bonus walleye while chasing them, not a bad combo.
    Likes working man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We are heading down the week of the twelfth. Don't know what your schedule is like but maybe we can get together for a day on the lake. Got 2 other guys in the boat so you would have to bring a rig. Let me know if that might work for ya.